Banana Republic Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lancaster, PA) in July 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant store manager. She was incredibly nice and really easy to talk to. Actually took the time to listen to my answers and talk the company up. I actually only interviews before offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service?
    Are you okay deal with disgruntled customers?
    Are you flexible in your hours since you are in school?
    What days do you want to work and what days do you want off?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of phone interview first and after I passed it, I was invited to do a on-site interview in Banana Republic. It was a group interview where 3 managers talked to all of us.

Interview Questions

• Former experience and general "how would you handle" situation questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Auburn, WA).

Interview

Mostly questions about fashion as well as own sense of fashion and what you think it means. Asked about what my favorite statement piece of fashion is. Asked why I wanted to work here what it meant for me and why I applied

Interview Questions

• Pick an outfit for date night from our store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Concord, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other candidates and one employee. Theinterview consisted of cards with questions you picked and had to answer. No two people got the same question.

Interview Questions

• Go out and pick an entire outfit for someone that is going to a formal event.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Received a call a week or so after submitting my application from their hiring manager. She set up an interview that week with me. I had one 15 minute interview, very standard questions for a retail interview nothing unexpected really. I was told at the end of the interview that my application would be accepted pending a background check. I was called five days later to be told that everything had come back fine and that if I was still interested, training would be that Saturday.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

I loved the interview process. It was a group interview with two other people. We sat in a circle with the hiring manager, which made it more welcoming. The hiring manager was super nice and funny. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and we found out if we got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• -An example of a time you went out of your way to help someone.
      -If you are in school, how are you involved in your school?
      -Who are your fashion interests/inspirations?
          And my personal favorite:
      -"Sell" an item of clothing that you are wearing.
         This is when you can be really creative and show the hiring manager your salesperson skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Hershey, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

easy, offered me a higher position, asked basic questions about my work ethic, style, interests, etc. went quickly. interviewer was nice. went through two interviews when i decided to apply for higher position. Both were relatively informal and easy. Found out after i accepted the position that scheduling was not as they had informed me in the interview. didnt get schedule on time.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I went in the store and asked about a job opportunity, they informed me that you have to apply online. Once I applied, I received a call about 2.5 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview the following week. The interview was a JOKE because the other people there were clearly not suited to work in a luxury fashion store and should've applied at Old Navy instead. Needless to say, I shined in interview which was fairly easy, just asked if we had any retail experience, for those of us in school and had other jobs, would we be able to commit certain hours for this job, and which positions were we interested in. After the interview the manager pulled me to the side and told me that I was going to get a second interview and have my phone by me for the rest of the day because the GM would be calling to scedule it.
    The second interview was one on one with the General Manager. He just asked why I was interested in working there and about my customer service skills. Then he told me the salary they were willing to pay ($9.50), and when would I be able to start.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

manager called, was brought in and then she called a week later to have me come in and work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tysons, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process did not take that long. I applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the same day they called me, and the next day they called me back and offered me a position. I even had my orientation the same day, and the next day I was training. So far I like it, if they really serious the hiring process is fast. Which is good if you need a job and quick and dont want to wait weeks for an answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about folding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are really good with negotiation, but it also depends on your experience. I asked them for $10 (have worked at 2 macys, a kohls, and at davids bridal) and when they offered me a job it was for $10 hr.