Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Isk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ushers, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Ushers, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was hard extremely hard . Harder then you would ever imagine. It was hard extremely hard . Something you would never expect . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard . It was hard extremely hard. It was hard extremely hard . IT WAS HARD FOLKS

Negotiation

To never come back

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banana Republic (East Houston, TX).

Interview

Formal and a bit condescending. The hiring manager was in a bad mood and complained about the overwhelming turn over rate. Asked how I would solve this problem? That was tricky! Maybe get to know your employees....
    Shoveled down tons of policies fast. Confusing interview. Constant interruptions. Where not able to answer the questions before the next question was asked.

Interview Questions

• How to keep employees? How would you sell the banana republic credit card? Do you have transportation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?   1 Answer
    • Name a company that is banana republic's competition   Answer Question
    • Do you keep up with fashion trends and do you buy fashion magazines   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (El Paso, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application in person. Couple of days later I received a call from the store manager asking if I can come in for an interview. I had a group interview with about 10 other individuals on a Saturday morning. After the group interview I received another call from the store manager on Thursday saying they wanted to extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• A good or bad customer service experience we had encountered personally.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2016.

Interview

I recieved a phone call by the hiring manager to schedule an interview. I came in for the interview and answered questions pertaining to my experience. This is position is all about having some type of experience in the field of loss prevention. Word of advice not all security position have the same responsibility.

Interview Questions

• For each questions answered them with examples.

How did you enforce lp policy?

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application. Got a call. Scheduled an interview. Did the interview. Bam. Got a call back. Did another interview. Got an offer. Took the offer. Overall it was very quick. They know exactly what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you showed leadership skills?
      Talk about a time you had great customer experience?

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Got a phone call from them maybe two days later. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. It was outside of the store in the middle of the mall on a bench which really distracted me and made me nervous. The lady was nice but didn't seem very interested and seemed like she had made up her mind about me after the first question. They want you to be very fashion savvy. You have to know how to choose outfits for people and decide what looks good on them. You need to dress very cute all the time.

Interview Questions

• A time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Who do you look to for fashion inspiration?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes in and asks you to give her outfit ideas. Which clothing do you choose?   Answer Question

I wasn't expecting them to want me to be this fashion savvy and it kind of annoyed me. Their store was not EXTREMELY busy which is what I'm used to and what I was looking for.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Louisville, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Company recruiter, then another store manager, followed by the District Manager. I was an internal candidate and applied within. I was currently working as an assistant manager at Old Navy. I was first contacted by the recruiter. I then traveled to Cincinnati to interview with another General Manager. I then had an interview with the District Manager over the phone. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about someone you developed and promoted   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Group Interview with manager. It was very casual, with many opportunities to showcase your individuality. Since my interview in 2013, the process has become more challenging with customer simulations being added. The manager will pretend to be a customer and you will have to answer their questions. I recommend brushing up on different materials and whether or not they are machine washable and dry clean appropriate because one of the managers will ask that.

Interview Questions

• What/who is a source of fashion inspiration?
      Do you have any prior retail experience?
      If you could be a superhero, what powers would you choose?