Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Aventura, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call from a hiring manager to come in for a group interview that lasted half an hour. One week later I received a call from the store manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Who is Banana's biggest competitors?   1 Answer
    • If you only had one piece of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I simply had a conversation with one of the managers, they were very friendly and asked me general questions about situations I've faced and why I would like to work for their store.

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied roughly 2.5 weeks ago, and got called in to do an interview. It was a group interview with 2 other individuals ( which took me by surprise). The hiring manager didn’t really ask an actual question, he more so just wanted our availability statuses. He was super chill and lenient, which made our interview go by in about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Why drew you to apply to BR?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2017.

Interview

Met with one of the managers and was asked to put together an outfit before the question portion. I was then asked to expand upon some aspects of my application and explain why I wanted to work there, what I could contribute to the company/store individually, skills I could utilize for certain tasks/situations, and other basic interview questions.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from an assistant manager the same day. We set-up an interview for the same week. The interview was standard. It was typical questions of your management style, why do you want to be at BR, and such. Since it was a management position it was a two part interview. I went back a couple days later and met with the GM. Similar questions just more in depth and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received excellent customer service and what made it stand out?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, very nice. Asked standard interview questions like why I wanted to work in retail. They also had us order an item, reserve it in store and then proceed to build an outfit around it.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later, the assistant manager called me to schedule an interview for next week, so i went today, it was a group interview, we were 7 people, 2 boys and 5 girls, the assistant manager was nice, i had a pleasant first impression.

Interview Questions

• she asked us to introduce ourselves in a few words, after se asked, how wold you handle a situation where, you have a maniquie falling off and clothes in the display messed up and a have customer load at the same time, and later she asked which type of personality you have, more like team oriented, social, leader etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very fun and interactive. The manager told us to go around the store and create different outfits for different customers. Please be on time and dress professional. It is not a casual clothing store.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked various of questions regarding the brand and how I would execute sales scenarios. Overall, I had a great experience with my interviewer he was very cool and easy-going to talk to.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had the interview with a few more candidates. We firstly were asked to pick some outfits on the floor for date purpose. And manager asked us to pretend to be the sales on the floor to help the customers for 10 mins. After that we sit together to answer interview questions.