Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a relaxed, mostly informal interview with an assistant manager. The interviewer asked about past experience and how it would relate to working at Banana Republic. Asked about your personal style (where you shop, your style icon), past work experience, what you know about the brand, etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. It went well and was very pleasant. I was invited to come back the following week for a second interview with the district manager. This was also pleasant and I thought it went well. No real hard questions were asked basic management questions. I was told that I would get a call within the next two days. I received an EMAIL the following day that they went with the other applicant. It is totally unprofessional to send an email after several interviews to say they went with another applicant. I already knew that the management did not like confrontation or to have "difficult" conversations from our original interview, but it is cowardly to not pick up the phone and have common courtesy. I will no longer be shopping with Banana

Interview Questions

• Management style
      What would I change in the store
      Basic questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monroe, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They were really nice. They basically just asked about school, what your hobbies were. You won't be grilled, it is really just a conversation. Seriously, I freaked out over nothing in this interview. My advice is to breathe, and obviously dress well. Try and be outgoing, and try not to zone out. If you get scared look right above their head and talk; You'll be great :)

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

One interview, was going to have 2 but got hired after the first. Sat down at the mall and just talked a little about my experience in retail. I am a huge people person and they love that at any retail store.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think our are top competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

it was simple and fast paced. questions were asked about my skills in retail and my career goals. i was asked if i had prior experience in a fast paced environment

Interview Questions

• skills/weakness. how to handle difficult customers, what my strengths are   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

You have two interviews a group interview and a personal. If you stand out and pass the group interview you get to go to the next personal interview. After that they will call you if you got it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I was called in the morning asking for an interview. I went in for an interview, "business casual" dress. Just me and the hiring manager. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Basic, boring interview. Read off an interview guide verbatim, asking scenario type questions. At one point, went off course and started talking about himself and his journey with the company. Felt really self indulgent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very minimal.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later asking to come in for an interview in a few days. I went and I was a bit early so she told me to walk around the store and start looking for an outfit that I would wear to a party. Once I did, we went to the back of the store and she asked me some questions that Gap makes up. Right when we finished the interview she offered me the position and orientation is in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our clothes?   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   Answer Question
    • You arrive to a party and your group of friends isn't there yet. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were a positive influence?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite clothing piece in your closet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.