Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I submitted an application, then received a phone call about two days later and was asked to do a group interview. There was five of us in the interview and the general manager hosted our interviews. He asked the same questions to all of us just staggered and worded differently.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult situation you have ever had with an employee at any company where you left unsatisfied?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, I got a call the next day and offered the job for 50 cents above minimum wage at the time and was asked to come in Saturday morning to fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Fairfax, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first required to apply online and take a 50 or so question test. It asked situational questions and fashion questions. I then had a group interview and - 3 days later - a 1 on 1 interview. Be sure to ask questions to show your interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult instance you have had with a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the best way to approach someone you don't know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I found hourly wages online and aimed for the high end of the spectrum given my experience and my soon to have bachelors degree. Requesting more money without any reasoning will surely never work. You must have leverage. For example, I told the manager who offered me the job that I will soon have my degree and unless I would need to be paid a certain amount for this job to retain my interest and keep me from looking for other more profitable opportunities.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was easier than my current stock position job. One phone call, one sit down interview with two supervisors, one direct, the other on above. Received a call from the H.R. person the next day offering me a job. Real standard questions and format, such as "when was a time you went above and beyond with customer service?"

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application online I got a call to schedule a group interview a week later. The actual interview was more of a discussion with the manager who wanted us to talk about ourselves for a little bit to break the ice. The manager then told us about the company and some things to expect for the stock position, then she asked if we had any questions for her. After asking a few questions the interview was over and in a few days I received an offer (no negotiation).

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, the only question that was asked was "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview, first we were asked to write down our availability because that is what the decision to hire or not eventually falls back on, then we we’re asked like 3 questions. Then lastly we were given 5 minutes to create an outfit for an occasion using what’s available in the sales floor

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Katy, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a good reference from a previous manager, did not require any former experience, did a group in-person interview after your resume was approved. It took about 2 weeks to get my resume approved and then I had to wait for the next available group interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

They called me minutes after I applied online to set up an interview at the store. I was very excited but at the same time nervous because I hadn't prepared for the interview beforehand. The interview process was a group interview and asked about three questions

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background, job experience why I wanted to work at Banana Republic   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later asking to come in for an interview in a few days. I went and I was a bit early so she told me to walk around the store and start looking for an outfit that I would wear to a party. Once I did, we went to the back of the store and she asked me some questions that Gap makes up. Right when we finished the interview she offered me the position and orientation is in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our clothes?   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   1 Answer
    • You arrive to a party and your group of friends isn't there yet. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were a positive influence?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite clothing piece in your closet?   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2013.

Interview

Straightforward usual retail interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging. Just need to be able to speak to experience   Answer Question

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I received this job in a nontraditional process. I learned about the position through a friend who worked at the same location, who also referred me. I soon had a very brief phone interview followed by an in person interview. Soon after learned I was hired.

Interview Questions

• At the time I had little work experience so it was difficult to talk about workplace scenarios as I had nothing to go off of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an entry level position, the pay rate was already fixed. There was no negotiation in terms of wage. Availability was easy to negotiate.