Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was hired in a group interview with three other people who had also applied. It made it more like a conversation than an interview. It was just the one interview and I was hired - there was no one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I got reached out to by email about applying to a job, which was pretty cool since I've always admired the brand. Then I filled the application, got an interview within a week. The interview was very relaxed and casual. I pretty much got hired on the spot, background check went through and got a confirmation about job offer a week after interview.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Had one on one conversation with general manager; very relaxed. Talked about previous retail experience, education, career goals, number of hours I would like to work each week, preferred length of shifts, etc. Not a stressful interview at all. Also met other leaders briefly and had a chance to get familiar with the layout of the store.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite type of customer to interact with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Durham, NC).

Interview

The manager explained a scenario to me and asked me to create an outfit from anything i wanted in the store based off of the scenario. Once that was over, she then took me to the break room and asked me a series of questions. It felt like casual conversation, but i was still asked about 6-8 questions.

Interview Questions

• What article of clothing in your closet best describes you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

About an hour to 2 hour group interview, very friendly managers and easy question. The interview is a group interview and try to dress like the clothes the store sells, mention you like GAP as well as Banana Republic and that you would enjoy representing their image and selling it

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who seems to need help   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and quickly got a interview the following day. I actually thought they wouldn't get back to me but they did the next day literally. I was so happy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The interview process was a very easy process. the intervie was great made you relax and answer in your best possible way which was a very great thing for people who get nervous

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty easy and relax. The manager made me feel comfortable and explained Banana Republic brand. The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. After the interview part I asked the manager some questions and then the manager took me to the sales floor to put together an outfit for a woman going out to drinks after work. I had few minutes to put together a look and explain the outfit.

Interview Questions

• How would you define going beyond expectation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Banana Republic? What is Banana Republic style? What is your style?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire in fashion?   Answer Question
    • Sale yourself to me? What makes you different from other people applying for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a different experience, I was taken to the back and did an interview with another person. We were asked the same questions but at different levels of depth. We discussed our skills, experience, and availability then we were told we would hear back within the week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in teams?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Torrance, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went fairly quick. Applied online and got an email from the Store Manager the next day after I applied for an interview. Found out it was a group interview. There was 5 of us, but it wasn't as scary as I thought. Was interviewed by the general manager. Asked general interview questions, and the second part we hard to create an outfit which was really fun. Then lastly meet the the Store Manager in person. It didn't feel like an interview with the SM it was more of a casual conversation, and I asked a few questions about to company and what they looked for in a candidate. 2 days later I got a call for the offer. Pay is nonnegotiable.