Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

phone then personal

attitude

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very basic, the interview takes place out of the mall, so it was very noisy and feels very unprofessional. You cant even focus on what you want to say to the interviewer. They asked you about your past experience, whats your strength and weakness, your salary expectations, and if i have any questions.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to do a good job?   1 Answer

Visual Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview, the second was with the visual lead and the final was with the visual manager.The process was long and but expected since it was a specialized position. They asked many questions about my creative side, and had a small "test" where they presented scenarios and I was asked what I would do in such situations.

Interview Questions

• They asked about availability and previous experience just like other stores   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was a group interview with three other candidates. The HR manager & store manager were present. They had about 5 other managers sit in the room with us. They asked questions back to back to see how well you think on your feet. The 2nd interview was more relaxed and free. It was with the store manager. She then offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from their HR dept within the week of applying online. I scheduled an interview the following week with the senior merchandise presentation manager. She asked questions pertaining to my visual presentation experience. She asked me to describe the process I would go through in planning a window installation. What my strengths and weaknesses are and how I would deal with crticism and what my leadership style was. Those were the main questions I can recall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask about developmental training and growth potential within the company.

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and one week later was invited to an interview. When I arrived, I discovered it was a group interview, but with only 3 other people. The interview was very quick and laid back. We were just asked a few general questions (What are some of your hobbies? What inspires your fashion taste?). The whole process lasted around half an hour, and when we finished we were told we would expect a call for a 2nd interview in the next 48 hours, and if not we would be notified by email.

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick. efficient and easy.
    The recruiter is amazing, she was on point and encouraging. The process was fast. I submitted my resume online. the HR department got in touch with me within 4 days and scheduled the interview. They made an offer the next day and low balled me big time, but i needed the job and accepted the offer because they hyperbolized the job and work environment.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. There was a 30 minute phone screen, and then about a month later I went to Banana Republic's headquarters for an on-site interview. I had the offer a few days after that. There was only the phone screen and 1 in-person

Interview Questions

• How have you used analytical thinking in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They want details on how you got to the your answers. Really big on process questions. Give examples on how you made and impact thru your analysis. And again, detailed answers.

Interview Questions

• Efficiency improvements and troubleshooting capability examples from your current or previous roles.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was simple. The questions were easy to understand and it was a quick interview. There wasn't anything too difficult nor did they ask anything about you. Mainly concerned if you had and fashion sense and other qualities.

Interview Questions

• What are your top qualities?   1 Answer