Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.2

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Estero, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

GM called to schedule an interview. Was offered the position after meeting for approximately 1 hour. Direct questions, a lot of focus on management style and previous experience. Leaders should have sales, customer service, and personnel management experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one area of opportunity that you think we have in this store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2017.

Interview

Met with one of the managers and was asked to put together an outfit before the question portion. I was then asked to expand upon some aspects of my application and explain why I wanted to work there, what I could contribute to the company/store individually, skills I could utilize for certain tasks/situations, and other basic interview questions.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through two interviews. They were basically talking about the role of your position, asking you what makes you interested in the company and some informal conversations. Overall, the interview process was great.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Skokie, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application, received a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. Went in that afternoon, answered some basic questions, received an offer then and there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a relaxed, mostly informal interview with an assistant manager. The interviewer asked about past experience and how it would relate to working at Banana Republic. Asked about your personal style (where you shop, your style icon), past work experience, what you know about the brand, etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. It went well and was very pleasant. I was invited to come back the following week for a second interview with the district manager. This was also pleasant and I thought it went well. No real hard questions were asked basic management questions. I was told that I would get a call within the next two days. I received an EMAIL the following day that they went with the other applicant. It is totally unprofessional to send an email after several interviews to say they went with another applicant. I already knew that the management did not like confrontation or to have "difficult" conversations from our original interview, but it is cowardly to not pick up the phone and have common courtesy. I will no longer be shopping with Banana

Interview Questions

• Management style
      What would I change in the store
      Basic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monroe, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They were really nice. They basically just asked about school, what your hobbies were. You won't be grilled, it is really just a conversation. Seriously, I freaked out over nothing in this interview. My advice is to breathe, and obviously dress well. Try and be outgoing, and try not to zone out. If you get scared look right above their head and talk; You'll be great :)