Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They called me to schedule an interview a few days after I applied online. I had one interview. I went in, we talked, your typical interview questions and then just a discussion about our backgrounds and where we came from to get comfortable with one another. The manager said she liked me so I didn't need another interview. VERY straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What article of clothing that you own best describes you.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

We had a group interview managers were nice and friendly. Interview questions were easy some were tricky overall it was a fast and easy interview. Managers made some jokes and stuff to make the whole process more fun and outgoing.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Juan, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my resumé and also a cover letter through their online portal about a month ago and received a call to set up an interview last Friday. This monday that passed I went in for the group interview, we had to pick some situations and set up some outfits, the managers went up to each of us individually and asked why did you pick that outfit. Later on if you passed that first part you went on to the second part which was the questions. It was basic stuff, retail related.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important things when working in a group?   Answer Question
    • What is one article (clothes related) you own that you love?   Answer Question
    • What is one of the most important things when working in a retail store?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application on the company's website, got a call 3 days later for an interview. Interviewed with one of the managers, waiting to hear back for my second interview

Interview Questions

• Who would you say was Banana Republic's competitor?
      Where do you go to keep up with current trends?
      Tell me about a time where you received the best customer experience?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay starts off VERY low, raise in 6 months as well as yearly. Not up for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monterey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August, received the phone call in the beginning of September and was asked to do an onsite interview next day in the store. They have me do an activity which took about 15-20 minutes to complete. The task was to create a look and try to sale the look to interviewer. Then we moved on the the second part of interview, which they asked me questions about myself and my knowledge of Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted?
      Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone?
      Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic?
      Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?
      Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Gilroy, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received a call and was scheduled to come in for an interview. I scheduled this for the following week and met the Assistant Mgr at the store where she did a 1:1 interview.

It was overall very casual, she was wearing her work attire (black slacks, flats, blouse) and I had on jeans, v-neck T Shirt and sweater. She showed me to the back where we sat at a table and she asked questions based on an interview sheet in front of her.

She initially asked me basic questions such as my availability, previous work history, etc. She told me a bit about the functions I would wear as a Sales Associate and

At the end she asked me if I had any questions and explained that she saw a good fit and should I pass the background check (which I did) then I would be contacted about getting the job. I was called 2 days later and given an offer, and started the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and got a call the next day. First part of the interview I was asked to pick an outfit and then was asked why I chose those specific pieces. From there, it was just a regular interview.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick response to application. Was called the day after the application was submitted. Scheduled an interview for a couple days later. It was a one on one interview. Nice and patient managers. Employees friendly, especially ones that got offered a job around the same time. Made it more comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Had group interview where they gave us group assignments where had to interview a partner and introduce them to the group. also had to go to sales floor and pick out an outfit and "sell" it to the manager

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday got an email on Sunday that I passed the assessment and to call to set up an interview. Interviewed today at 12pm with the GM, arrived early and walked around for a bit, GM was help customers. Finally when she was done quite a bit later we sat down and she asked to tell her about myself. I rambled and we just talked and talked she asks about my work history and how comfortable I was in selling a banana card I worked at macys before so it's all too easy for me. She didn't ask any other questions she just wanted to know how my personality was and she hired me based off of that and a minimum off of experience. Now I wait for my background check then I start!

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview What article of clothing that you own best describes you.
Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Why did you chose Banana Republic?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview San Juan, PR What is the most important things when working in a group?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview San Juan, PR What is one article (clothes related) you own that you love?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview San Juan, PR What is one of the most important things when working in a retail store?
Banana Republic Brand Ambassador Interview Who would you say was Banana Republic's competitor? Where do you go to keep up with current trends? Tell me about a time where you received the best customer experience?
Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Monterey, CA Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted? Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone? Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic? Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?
Banana Republic Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Gilroy, CA In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Banana Republic Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Gilroy, CA How would you define a good employee?
Banana Republic Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Gilroy, CA What would be a positive/pleasurable work environment?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Chicago, IL Who is Banana's biggest competitor?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Chicago, IL Where do you go to for fashion advice?
Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Chicago, IL What would you say is outstanding customer service?
Banana Republic Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview New York, NY When I had recieved excellent customer service.
Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview New York, NY Why Banana Republic?
Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Las Vegas, NV How do you feel about selling a Banana Card