Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Had two one-on-one interviews with different managers. The interviews seemed to go well, but I had to initiate contact every time I wanted to know something. They called me initially saying that they were interested in an interview, and three weeks passed before I called them saying that I would like to set something up. They told me after my interviews that it would be two weeks before they would make a decision. I called two and a half weeks later to ask about progress and they said the manager was out of town and I would be called back in two days. A full month after my interviews, I got an automated email saying that I wasn't chosen for the position. After two interviews, I expect at least a quick phone call. I was very disappointed with their timeliness, communication, and how impersonal everything was. I would not apply for another position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career in 5 years?   1 Answer

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic leadership interview. There were no questions that couldn't be prepared for in advance. The GM seemed to put her best-foot-forward during the interview. Salary was not a part of the discussion. Great first job right out of college. Would recommend as a starter job only.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

Was recruited by a regional HR employee for a local job opening. Was never told what position I was interviewing for, even when I asked directly. I was under the impression that they were interviewing for a position that was not yet available. After interviewing, I called to follow up, but never received a call back from BR. Either they were not impressed with me, or the position I was interviewing for did not become available.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of Gap, Inc., how would you change the company to adjust to the current economic situation?   Answer Question

Associate Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

You will see several people, the hiring manager, the director and the senior director and perhaps a cross fictional partner you'd be working with. Don't worry about not having PLM experience as it's a big part of their world but they offer training and it's easy to pick up on. They will ask questions as to why you now think you're ready for an associate position vs an assistant position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate with your HR representative Bc you won't have a chance to with your hiring manager

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

After initial phone interview, met with several groups from the logistics team. Some interviewers were very friendly while others seemed disinterested. Questions were mostly about my experience and they asked for a lot of examples of past challenges I had dealt with in the workplace, how I had improved previous workplaces, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you please provide an example of how you improved efficiency in your present job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Phoneton, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

First interview with recruiter, second interview with store manger and third with DM. Was very positive. Asked a lot of questions about how would you manage your team. The interview process was slow. A lot of waiting to here back for the recruiter before I went to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• About work history, pay, how will you rally team to win.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Louisville, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Company recruiter, then another store manager, followed by the District Manager. I was an internal candidate and applied within. I was currently working as an assistant manager at Old Navy. I was first contacted by the recruiter. I then traveled to Cincinnati to interview with another General Manager. I then had an interview with the District Manager over the phone. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about someone you developed and promoted   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview with recruiter... than met with DM and a senior store manager. Than had another phone interview with a DM from the city.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what about the last time you did something at your current job that you love to do that you normally do not get a chance to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary they try to bring you in at min. they have three tiers min. mid and max... aim for max

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview with Recruiter
    Interview with District Manager
    Interview with peer group
    Interview with Regional District Manager

Interview Questions

• All questions where skill base and self examing. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter offer a salary. It was more than I was making and I accepted.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in December 2016.

Interview

Very organized, succinct and open communication throughout the process. Exposure to multiple leaders of varying tenure during interview process. Spoke with recruiter, DM, met DM personally, panel interview then quick RM phone interview prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• The panel was the most difficult part as it was rapid fire questions from leaders at all experience levels.   Answer Question