Banana Republic Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Manager Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Initial contact is generally done by a lower ranking manager or supervisor with little to no training in HR. Initial interviews can range from one-on-ones to group interviews. A second interview is usually conducted with the lead hiring manager or general manager. The interviews are often feel sloppily scripted, there is a book that the interviewers read from and take questions from, often interjecting their own. The important thing to keep in mind HR functions are such a minimal part of all of these peoples jobs do not expect the most professional and polished interview. Be prepared to have a few success stories to tell because often talking about functional capabilities illudes these people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why would i leave this company after being hired   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews during the process, both with store managers. The first store manager spent most of her time talking about herself, the company, and how they did business. She asked a minimum amount of questions and I didn't find her interviewing skills to be very tailored. The second interview was with a store manager that was mentoring her, as she was new to the position. He was a much more skilled interviewer, asking a variety of questions.

The store manager seemed disorganized and the position that was open kept changing as they filled them internally. There was no communication on this process between the first and the second interview. This wouldn't have been as significant if there wasn't such a gap between hours/pay scale in the positions.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2008.

Interview

It is a simple process if you posses the qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Banana Republic?   1 Answer
    • How do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question