Banana Republic Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic leadership interview. There were no questions that couldn't be prepared for in advance. The GM seemed to put her best-foot-forward during the interview. Salary was not a part of the discussion. Great first job right out of college. Would recommend as a starter job only.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Had two one-on-one interviews with different managers. The interviews seemed to go well, but I had to initiate contact every time I wanted to know something. They called me initially saying that they were interested in an interview, and three weeks passed before I called them saying that I would like to set something up. They told me after my interviews that it would be two weeks before they would make a decision. I called two and a half weeks later to ask about progress and they said the manager was out of town and I would be called back in two days. A full month after my interviews, I got an automated email saying that I wasn't chosen for the position. After two interviews, I expect at least a quick phone call. I was very disappointed with their timeliness, communication, and how impersonal everything was. I would not apply for another position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Fairview Heights, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

GM wasn't very professional but I knew that the company was, researched position and decided to go for it. Used glassdoor to help me gage my salary and thank goodness I did! What they offered felt low so I turned the initial offer down. I negotiated and the GM was impatient about the whole thing but they offered me what I asked.

Negotiation

I was, and I leveraged my timing of year for that. It was late October, knew the store was heading into holiday short leadership and I stayed patient. Never give out your current salary, because the job you are looking into may have NOTHING to do with what you are currently looking at taking on.

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2009.

Interview

The man was really inforamtive and easy-going..I didnt feel nervous or pressure from any of the questions. The man was calling from the corporate office in ohio i believe.. The quesions were general:

1. why do you want to work here?
    2. what are your strengths/weaknesses?
    3. How do you motivate people?
    4. Describe your last job....

Interview Questions

• If you have a lot to do at work, how do you make sure everything is done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Aurora, CO) in April 2008.

Interview

I was an internal candidate that got interviewed first by the recruiter, then the general manager of two different stores and then the district manager. After a week my last interview was with the regional visual manager.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation from your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview questions were easy.

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

2 formal interviews and 1 informal (I applied in person)
    1st was standard. 2nd was with District Manager - walked the store discussing opportunities and successes of current visuals. More involved

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Laval, QC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was in two parts, general manager of the store first and then second interview was with the District Manager and Visual manager. The first was less formal than the second. I believe they were a couple of days apart. It's in a casual setting, but just stay true to your opinion. They do focus on how you will manage the employees because even though you are visual, you must act as a general manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions like what would you do if everything that can possibly go wrong went wrong? How would you prioritize the following ...?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They are quite clear on what they can offer and the hours you will have. It's a take it or leave it kind of thing.

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter called me, acted very excited about my experience and my fit for the position. We discussed salary requirements. She stated they were slightly above the normal range but she thought that with the particular market we wre in, there shouldn't be an issue. Also discussed scheduling concerns. In summary, she agreed with everything I was asking for and then, called the next day to say they couldn't make any adjustments.

Interview Questions

• Overall interview was very easy, they were more about finding out salary requirements and scheduling information   1 Answer