Banana Republic Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.3

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later, the assistant manager called me to schedule an interview for next week, so i went today, it was a group interview, we were 7 people, 2 boys and 5 girls, the assistant manager was nice, i had a pleasant first impression.

Interview Questions

• she asked us to introduce ourselves in a few words, after se asked, how wold you handle a situation where, you have a maniquie falling off and clothes in the display messed up and a have customer load at the same time, and later she asked which type of personality you have, more like team oriented, social, leader etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very fun and interactive. The manager told us to go around the store and create different outfits for different customers. Please be on time and dress professional. It is not a casual clothing store.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Basically they asked the question about the portfolio and briefly get information about my background, and explained the internship program, how many projects I will do during the internship, and what kind of activities we will have on Friday and etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a relaxed, mostly informal interview with an assistant manager. The interviewer asked about past experience and how it would relate to working at Banana Republic. Asked about your personal style (where you shop, your style icon), past work experience, what you know about the brand, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

it was simple and fast paced. questions were asked about my skills in retail and my career goals. i was asked if i had prior experience in a fast paced environment

Interview Questions

• skills/weakness. how to handle difficult customers, what my strengths are   Answer Question

Application

Interview

You have two interviews a group interview and a personal. If you stand out and pass the group interview you get to go to the next personal interview. After that they will call you if you got it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I was called in the morning asking for an interview. I went in for an interview, "business casual" dress. Just me and the hiring manager. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later asking to come in for an interview in a few days. I went and I was a bit early so she told me to walk around the store and start looking for an outfit that I would wear to a party. Once I did, we went to the back of the store and she asked me some questions that Gap makes up. Right when we finished the interview she offered me the position and orientation is in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our clothes?   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   Answer Question
    • You arrive to a party and your group of friends isn't there yet. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were a positive influence?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite clothing piece in your closet?   Answer Question