Banana Republic Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the general store manager and was hired on the spot, at the end of the interview! I've heard other associates say that they had to go through two interviews (one group and another one-on-one) but this didn't happen to me for whatever reason....
From what I remember, most questions were scenario-based (ie. what would you do if ...?) and some about my personality and experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Application is all online, I was contacted about a week later for a group interview which had 4 people. I was contacted less than a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many units do you think we have in our store?
      They like to see your ability to break down the question and give an educated guess.   Answer Question
    • Who are your personal fashion icons?   Answer Question
    • What was your thought process in choosing the outfit you're currently wearing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I am unsure if there is opportunity to, but it's a fair wage for part time in retail.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, very nice. Asked standard interview questions like why I wanted to work in retail. They also had us order an item, reserve it in store and then proceed to build an outfit around it.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Gilroy, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received a call and was scheduled to come in for an interview. I scheduled this for the following week and met the Assistant Mgr at the store where she did a 1:1 interview.

It was overall very casual, she was wearing her work attire (black slacks, flats, blouse) and I had on jeans, v-neck T Shirt and sweater. She showed me to the back where we sat at a table and she asked questions based on an interview sheet in front of her.

She initially asked me basic questions such as my availability, previous work history, etc. She told me a bit about the functions I would wear as a Sales Associate and

At the end she asked me if I had any questions and explained that she saw a good fit and should I pass the background check (which I did) then I would be contacted about getting the job. I was called 2 days later and given an offer, and started the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did the personality test as required. After being screened for the position, I interviewed with the Store manager for one of their Manhattan locations. It was about an hour long group interview with about 12 people. We all had a chance to answer the questions and you basically needed to make sure your answers stood out above the rest. Manager was very down to earth and stressed how Banana is big on work-life balance. After it was done they told us they would be in touch early the next week. Their background check system had been down so it took a little bit longer but the manager did call me and extend the offer to start orientation at the end of that week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward but there were some fun icebreaker questions as well. They asked what makes you interesting?   Answer Question

The hourly wage offered ($9.50) was too low for my work experience and after attempting to negotiate with no budge in wage I declined the offer. If you are a student with no real responsibilities I would go for it though.

Sales Associate Part Time, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lake Grove, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I went in got asked a few questions about myself and why I wanted this job also what had made me apply for Banana Republic, my manager was very laid back and it made the process go smoothly

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for Banana Republic   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Roseville, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I asked if they were hiring. The manager said yes and was very nice and helpful. I then applied online. They called me for an interview 2 days later. I got a job offer 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style. Where do you get your style inspiration from?   Answer Question
    • What credit cards do you use and why?   Answer Question
    • If a customer walked into the store, how would you interact with them?   Answer Question
    • If you are at a dinner party and don't know anyone, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employers and colleagues describe you at work?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week and a half later to come in for an interview. I assumed it would be a one-on-one interview but it was actually a group interview and none of us were informed about that until we were there. There was a group of 6 of us in total being interviewed by the manager and assistant manager of the store. You had to first introduce yourself and why you applied to work at Banana Republic. They then asked typical retail interview questions and went along the line and answered one by one. It was hard if you were one of the last to answer to think of something that hadn't already been said by the others. At the end they said they were going to contact the successful people by the end of that day. I received a call and accepted the offer. Two other people also got offered jobs and accepted them, so 3 out of the 6 at the interview were hired.

Interview Questions

• Banana Republic sales associates are known as Brand Ambassadors. How would you describe a brand ambassador?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick, personal, easy going, mention the importance of doing the right thing and the importance of the third piece (cardigan, scarf, big necklace,etc) something that stands out on the outfit.

Interview Questions

• What is your fashion inspiration?   1 Answer