Banana Republic Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

1.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview , was called the same day with an offer . Started training the next week & as soon as my background check came back I started working in the same week

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Asked regalar interview question and asked where I go most of my ideas for outfits. I went in bet with the manager and after that I got called back and was offered a job

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I applied online and then got a call notifying me that they wanted me to come into the store and interview. Got offered the job at the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal sales associate position. I had two interviews on separate occasions spanning over two weeks. After the second interview, it took about a week to get the new hire process going but once that was done along with the orientation, I started right away. Both managers that interviewed me were really nice and the interview was super quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Ontario, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed with five other people. This was during the summer, so they were doing group interviews. Easy interview process, basically ask about your background and how you can contribute to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Cedarhurst, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cedarhurst, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I wasn't interviewed by the General Manager but instead the Customer Sales Manager. She was very polite and even a little funny. I didn't feel nervous at all. She informed me that the dress code was business casual and slightly dressy. No sneakers, rain boots, Ugg boots, or anything like that was allowed. Dress boots and flats were acceptable as well as heels if you could manage them. Time and attendance was very strict.

Interview Questions

• What would my availability be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Estero, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I submitted by application online and a few months later received a call for an interview at the store. I arrived early and I was called into the back along with other candidates for a group interview. It was very laid back and the interviewer just asked the standard questions like tell us about yourself and a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. They also asked to name both a positive and negative experience I've encountered as a customer at other businesses. Once the interview was over they thanked us for coming and about a day later I received a call with a job offer. Overall it was a very positive experience and a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back and do one thing differently at your old job what would it be?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was told they start everyone at $8.50 but that there is always opportunities for promotions and bonuses

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I entered the store and spoke with the Hiring Manager, I was told to come back after I sumbitted an application online to set up an interview. After completing the application online I was given a time for an interview. I came to the interview and was taken to the back room into the managerial office. I sat one on one with the hiring manager I spoke to only a few days before about the open position. The interview was more of a conversation as she asked about my interests, and what I went to school for. I was then asked my interest in Banana Republic and then further asked basic fashion questions.

Interview Questions

• If you see someone stealing something, should you say something to the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online, came in the store for a face to face interview. Interviewer was kind and asked a fairly basic set of questions. Following the process, I was introduced to a number of the team members and told that they would be in touch with a final decision. They called me about 2 days later offering a position, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Birmingham, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and I heard back from a hiring manager about 1 week after I filled out the online app. No phone interview, but they did call me to meet with a manager for a group interview. Interview was pretty straightforward and nothing to extensive. Not too much pressure though since it's not 1 on 1. General interview questions consisting of what you know about the company and why you want to work there. If you get called for a group interview just be sure to be confident and speak up when no one else is. I was the first to give my answer out of us 5 interviewees, and I think that is what got me the position, honestly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.