Banana Republic Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sale Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online to the Stonestown store, heard back from them within a few days, and then scheduled an interview. I showed up 30 minutes early, they told me to hold on while they notified the Sales Manager, and was not addressed till 10 minutes after the scheduled interview time. The sales manager came in finally and greeted me and two other interviewees (which I was unaware there would be) and we were walked back to the break room. He was wearing camouflage pants, and the other two interviewees were wearing jeans, which I thought was odd considering the store. He then began reading from a packet he said Banana Republic "makes him read". Struggling over sentences, he read them off and had us all answer. We did so in no particular order, and the other two candidates usually waited as if unsure of how to answer, so I was usually speaking first. Once the questions were finished, which took about an hour, he had us go out and pick two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) and create and outfit they could change into without going home to change. This took about 25 minutes, we came in and then showed him. Pitched our scenarios. He said great, then awkwardly commented on how he didn't judge us on how fashionable our choices were because he doesn't know much about fashion.... Most important part of the interview was him making the case that you need to sell the Banana Republic credit card, which I was the only interviewee who knew what it was and the importance behind it. We left and within two days they sent out an email notifying me I did not get the job, besides being over qualified for the position. Not sure if the other two got the job, I would assume not considering they were extremely underdressed and did not answer the questions well, but the way the interviewer acted and presented himself, I wouldn't be too surprised. Completely unprofessional interview and really a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just trying to get you to sell the credit card.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was actually fairly unique compared to interviews with other companies. Lots of personality-oriented questions dominated the majority of the interview session, which made me feel wanted as an employee. To my surprise, the manager was actually interested in my life outside of work, and we spent almost an hour talking about topics outside of the work place as well as their own experiences. As a result, I knew I had the job as soon as I left the interview site.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of your favorite fashion designers at the moment?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2015.

Interview

went in and asked for the general manager. The GM quickly introduced herself and took me to the back office where the interview would be held. She gave background of her positions and the various duties I would be encharged of if I got the job. She also explained the dress code . She was extremely nice and provided a large amount of information.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

its fun was fun, and exciting it was a group interview so it give you a chance to speak out loud to be notice, also show your willing to work hard

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chandler, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later got an interview. I went to the interview and was asking simple basic questions. The manger was friendly and very talkative. The only bad thing is they wanted someone with experience and you had to wear they're clothes.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Westport, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the Hiring Manager and then one with the General Manager. They both went well, they were very welcoming and friendly. Just wanted me to do my best.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview overall, sat down with manager and talked. Second interview I was required to go on the sales floor and asked questions about if a customer came into the store looking for xyz, what items would I bring them.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lynnwood, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the general manager of the store. It was conversational in style with some key questions about my skill set, past experience and reasons for pursuing the position in question. I was also asked about my availability and specific situations relating to customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you encountered an angry customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Laredo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Since it was a new opening for the store management hired about 30 employees to help about 2 were temps. Since the management team already had worked together in different stores they all came into br and had their own favorite workers as some of the associates came from the other stores they worked together so they had a guaranteed job. I was one of the other ones who got hired only to be used for a month then started getting my hours drastically cut to the point id work about 10 hours a month. Interview was short and easy since it was a job fair.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fashion   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Louisville, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied. Waited about 6 months before I got a call. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager was offered an insulting pay rate. The interview was fairly quick and they offered me the job at the same time as the interview.