Banana Republic Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sale Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2017.

Interview

Very basic interview. Talent manager had me picked out an outfit first based on a given scenario, than explain it once I picked it out. I was then taken to the back room and asked basic questions about myself, doing the job, and Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• What style would you say is Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Managers were friendly, knowledgeable about the brand and company and it's employee's. They are concerned that one be happy when working for the company. Management willing and ready to bring an employee on board.

Interview Questions

• What is my style approach to working in retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Louisville, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied. Waited about 6 months before I got a call. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager was offered an insulting pay rate. The interview was fairly quick and they offered me the job at the same time as the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Livermore, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple and straightforward, it was for a sales associate job at an outlet mall. Banana Republic is a pretty established company so it was a bit more intense than other retail stores but still not too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Once you apply online you can call and speak to the hiring manager. Sometimes they do group interviews but mine was one on one. The Interviewer made me feel comfortable. I don't remember most of the questions but he did ask about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you handled it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They ask you to put together an outfit for a man and a woman based on a circumstance the hiring manager will give you. Afterward, they ask you to explain the outfit

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I did a group interview with 5 other people. We were given random cards with random interview questions. Then I remember we were tasked with going out into the sales floor and picking out clothes from the racks and make an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is not happy that a particular item is not available in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Mebane, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview and the questions were pretty relaxed. Nothing hectic, and you could honestly come up with answers on the spot. Ends with a simulation of interacting with a shopper.

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Highland Village, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Well, it was a group interview. Just me and one other girl. She asked a few basic Interview questions like “Why Banana Republic?” And “Name a time when you were corrected and how did you take it?” Very easy. Come prepared to put a head to toe outfit together. They want a three piece look. The manager who interviewed us role played and told us that she was 21 and going out on a first date with someone and wanted us to put together and outfit for her and afterwards bring the outfit to her and try to sell it to her. So I brought a really pretty maxi dress, heels, earrings, and a jean jacket! She called me back an hour later and told me I got the job. There was no second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview ,lasted about 45 min 2 people besides me,she was quite rude and has “bossy “attitude,no eye contacat with me.Wasted my time to go there through all the city