Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.2

387 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They ask you to put together an outfit for a man and a woman based on a circumstance the hiring manager will give you. Afterward, they ask you to explain the outfit

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Highland Village, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Well, it was a group interview. Just me and one other girl. She asked a few basic Interview questions like “Why Banana Republic?” And “Name a time when you were corrected and how did you take it?” Very easy. Come prepared to put a head to toe outfit together. They want a three piece look. The manager who interviewed us role played and told us that she was 21 and going out on a first date with someone and wanted us to put together and outfit for her and afterwards bring the outfit to her and try to sell it to her. So I brought a really pretty maxi dress, heels, earrings, and a jean jacket! She called me back an hour later and told me I got the job. There was no second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Managers were friendly, knowledgeable about the brand and company and it's employee's. They are concerned that one be happy when working for the company. Management willing and ready to bring an employee on board.

Interview Questions

• What is my style approach to working in retail.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview overall, sat down with manager and talked. Second interview I was required to go on the sales floor and asked questions about if a customer came into the store looking for xyz, what items would I bring them.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Westport, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the Hiring Manager and then one with the General Manager. They both went well, they were very welcoming and friendly. Just wanted me to do my best.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2017.

Interview

Very basic interview. Talent manager had me picked out an outfit first based on a given scenario, than explain it once I picked it out. I was then taken to the back room and asked basic questions about myself, doing the job, and Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• What style would you say is Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

A particular location was interested in me so they called to set up a time to talk; they never got back to me so I figured they went with someone else. I called back a week later to follow up and they said they'd lost my application but did want to do a group interview the following day. I went in and one of the employees gave me a heads up that I'd have to make an outfit so I should familiarize myself with the store. The other person didn't show up so it became a regular 1-on-1 interview. The questions were very simple and I gave solid answers. Then we went out to the floor and I had to create a hypothetical outfit for "a friend going out for drinks after work" in under 5 minutes. I was pretty confident with my two choices, but the manager didn't really react. He said ok, thanked me for coming in, and that was it. So I guess that question is the make-or-break; if I could do it again, I would have "practiced" my outfits and known the store better.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit at Banana Republic/ do you mind helping people shop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 3pm. I arrived twenty minutes early and announced myself to the staff, who told me that the manager would be with me in "just a moment". I did not meet with the manager until 3:20 and at no point was there an apology for the inconvenience or even mention of my interview's actual scheduled time. BUT the interview itself was very casual and conversational and gave me a great sense of the manager and the team. We sat right outside of the store, on a bench in the mall and basically chatted the whole time.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I did a group interview with 5 other people. We were given random cards with random interview questions. Then I remember we were tasked with going out into the sales floor and picking out clothes from the racks and make an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is not happy that a particular item is not available in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later, the assistant manager called me to schedule an interview for next week, so i went today, it was a group interview, we were 7 people, 2 boys and 5 girls, the assistant manager was nice, i had a pleasant first impression.

Interview Questions

• she asked us to introduce ourselves in a few words, after se asked, how wold you handle a situation where, you have a maniquie falling off and clothes in the display messed up and a have customer load at the same time, and later she asked which type of personality you have, more like team oriented, social, leader etc...   Answer Question