Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.2

374 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview overall, sat down with manager and talked. Second interview I was required to go on the sales floor and asked questions about if a customer came into the store looking for xyz, what items would I bring them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Westport, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the Hiring Manager and then one with the General Manager. They both went well, they were very welcoming and friendly. Just wanted me to do my best.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 3pm. I arrived twenty minutes early and announced myself to the staff, who told me that the manager would be with me in "just a moment". I did not meet with the manager until 3:20 and at no point was there an apology for the inconvenience or even mention of my interview's actual scheduled time. BUT the interview itself was very casual and conversational and gave me a great sense of the manager and the team. We sat right outside of the store, on a bench in the mall and basically chatted the whole time.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later, the assistant manager called me to schedule an interview for next week, so i went today, it was a group interview, we were 7 people, 2 boys and 5 girls, the assistant manager was nice, i had a pleasant first impression.

Interview Questions

• she asked us to introduce ourselves in a few words, after se asked, how wold you handle a situation where, you have a maniquie falling off and clothes in the display messed up and a have customer load at the same time, and later she asked which type of personality you have, more like team oriented, social, leader etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Laredo, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Since it was a new opening for the store management hired about 30 employees to help about 2 were temps. Since the management team already had worked together in different stores they all came into br and had their own favorite workers as some of the associates came from the other stores they worked together so they had a guaranteed job. I was one of the other ones who got hired only to be used for a month then started getting my hours drastically cut to the point id work about 10 hours a month. Interview was short and easy since it was a job fair.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fashion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the University Village store in Seattle, WA. Received an email back within a few days asking if I would come in for a group interview. Interview was with 3 others. Conversation was smooth and comfortable, with good communication all around.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very fun and interactive. The manager told us to go around the store and create different outfits for different customers. Please be on time and dress professional. It is not a casual clothing store.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Merrimack, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume. I then received a call for an interview and went in shortly after. The interview questions were based around the pillars of the company (style, team- oriented, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for a friend who is going out with coworkers for drinks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2017.

Interview

Met with one of the managers and was asked to put together an outfit before the question portion. I was then asked to expand upon some aspects of my application and explain why I wanted to work there, what I could contribute to the company/store individually, skills I could utilize for certain tasks/situations, and other basic interview questions.