Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?   1 Answer
    • Name a company that is banana republic's competition   Answer Question
    • Do you keep up with fashion trends and do you buy fashion magazines   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monroe, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They were really nice. They basically just asked about school, what your hobbies were. You won't be grilled, it is really just a conversation. Seriously, I freaked out over nothing in this interview. My advice is to breathe, and obviously dress well. Try and be outgoing, and try not to zone out. If you get scared look right above their head and talk; You'll be great :)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I was called in the morning asking for an interview. I went in for an interview, "business casual" dress. Just me and the hiring manager. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Pretty simple and quick just be yourself and try to look fashionable. Try to give answers pertaining to fashion. Whether it's designers or fashion. Know some of the company history so that way you'll look more impressive and prepped. Sometimes they let you create an outfit probably the only time you'll get too.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a hard problem ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on call interview process in which the manager asked me multiple questions to see if I fit their job description. I then got a call the next day saying I was hired and when I came into work I had to watch multiple videos on sales, customer service, communication, and marketing the brand. Afterwards, I was trained hands on by a current employee and a week later required no more training and started working for the company myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours and if I preferred working nightly or daily.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was hired in a group interview with three other people who had also applied. It made it more like a conversation than an interview. It was just the one interview and I was hired - there was no one on one with the manager.