Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
    How do you cope with changing environment
    What do you think of the banana republic image
    What are you wearing and why
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monroe, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

They were really nice. They basically just asked about school, what your hobbies were. You won't be grilled, it is really just a conversation. Seriously, I freaked out over nothing in this interview. My advice is to breathe, and obviously dress well. Try and be outgoing, and try not to zone out. If you get scared look right above their head and talk; You'll be great :)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I was called in the morning asking for an interview. I went in for an interview, "business casual" dress. Just me and the hiring manager. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on call interview process in which the manager asked me multiple questions to see if I fit their job description. I then got a call the next day saying I was hired and when I came into work I had to watch multiple videos on sales, customer service, communication, and marketing the brand. Afterwards, I was trained hands on by a current employee and a week later required no more training and started working for the company myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours and if I preferred working nightly or daily.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Pretty simple and quick just be yourself and try to look fashionable. Try to give answers pertaining to fashion. Whether it's designers or fashion. Know some of the company history so that way you'll look more impressive and prepped. Sometimes they let you create an outfit probably the only time you'll get too.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a hard problem ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was hired in a group interview with three other people who had also applied. It made it more like a conversation than an interview. It was just the one interview and I was hired - there was no one on one with the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

About an hour to 2 hour group interview, very friendly managers and easy question. The interview is a group interview and try to dress like the clothes the store sells, mention you like GAP as well as Banana Republic and that you would enjoy representing their image and selling it

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who seems to need help   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and quickly got a interview the following day. I actually thought they wouldn't get back to me but they did the next day literally. I was so happy.