Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
    How do you cope with changing environment
    What do you think of the banana republic image
    What are you wearing and why
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monterey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August, received the phone call in the beginning of September and was asked to do an onsite interview next day in the store. They have me do an activity which took about 15-20 minutes to complete. The task was to create a look and try to sale the look to interviewer. Then we moved on the the second part of interview, which they asked me questions about myself and my knowledge of Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted?
      Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone?
      Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic?
      Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. When I went, it was a group interview. The general manager was energetic and kind and warm. She made the whole process comfortable and it was casual. The work place was quiet, since it wasn't busy. The people were outgoing and friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (McAllen, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was really easy and simple, was supposed to be a group interview but no one else showed up so I got a one on one. Was mostly having things read of paper

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I was interviewed by two BR employees in a group interview with one other candidate. Interviews make me extremely nervous, and even though I didn't get the job, I found my interviewers to be very friendly and likable which helped put me at ease. They seemed to be looking for a high-energy and extroverted candidate.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most challenging aspect of working here?   Answer Question
    • Where do you get your style inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chino Hills, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was comfortable. The interviewer was friendly and tried to get to know you on a personal level to see if you'd work well with the rest of the team. I'd say it was more about personality than qualifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Peachtree City, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. The first interview included questions about my past experience, interest in fashion, and a simulation where I had to try and sell an outfit to the interviewer. Second interview was very simple, basically just the same questions with a different manager, except no simulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and casual, and it was a one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions, such as describing myself and what times I was available, then did most of the talking herself. She explained things about the store and then that was it. She even said she didn't really need people at the moment, she just wanted to interview people for back up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer