Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the University Village store in Seattle, WA. Received an email back within a few days asking if I would come in for a group interview. Interview was with 3 others. Conversation was smooth and comfortable, with good communication all around.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have worked for two locations previously so I figured getting rehired at the Pentagon City location would be a breeze. It took 7 weeks before I got scheduled for an interview, but only after I called and called, they never contacted me. The interview was done in a group, we were talked at/lectured for an hour and a half, I was lectured on how I did not sell the manager a box of wipes correctly when he tested us though he never bothered to see if we knew the actual merchandise. He seemed on a bit of a power trip, very critical, did not ask any real questions and only lectured on how screw ups were always our fault no matter what. Over all a very negative experience just to work part time folding clothes at a mall, get a grip and be realistic.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Riverhead, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. It seemed like it took forever just to get the interview started. I was told about the company, asked when was a time I had great customer service, I was told to pick out an outfit for a "male" best friend that would be business causual for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applief online and got an email back about 3 weeks afterwards. It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. The majority of the candidates had years of retail experience. The hiring manafer said they were looking for genuine people they can trust

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult challenge you faced and how did you overcome it
      How do you cope with changing environment
      What do you think of the banana republic image
      What are you wearing and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview day. Showed up to the interview and the manager was not prepared for the interview. She asked a bunch of questions that were not related to the position that i had applied for. After 30 minutes she tells me that she's looking for a fashionista. I was like realllyy. She told me she was gonna interview more people and if i didn't hear from her after a week i could call her. Never called me back. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monterey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August, received the phone call in the beginning of September and was asked to do an onsite interview next day in the store. They have me do an activity which took about 15-20 minutes to complete. The task was to create a look and try to sale the look to interviewer. Then we moved on the the second part of interview, which they asked me questions about myself and my knowledge of Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted?
      Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone?
      Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic?
      Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Quick phone call after applying online. Invited me to a group interview with 4 other people. Right away I could tell the interviewer wasn't going to ask me for a second one. She was pretty narcissistic and was looking for "sheep" that wouldn't try to move up in the company. It's sad that there are managers like that, it makes no sense to have an insecure hiring manager. So if you're over qualified or have any type of education/ambition and style, you won't get far here.

Interview Questions

• Name a celebrity who's style is most in line with your own.   Answer Question
    • What do you use for fashion inspiration (magazines, social media etc)?   Answer Question
    • Who is Banana Republics biggest competitor?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. When I went, it was a group interview. The general manager was energetic and kind and warm. She made the whole process comfortable and it was casual. The work place was quiet, since it wasn't busy. The people were outgoing and friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (McAllen, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was really easy and simple, was supposed to be a group interview but no one else showed up so I got a one on one. Was mostly having things read of paper