Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (East Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked a few simple problem solving questions and about my experience to assess how I'd handle pressure on the job. Then I was asked to create an outfit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Went in, briefly waited for the manager, then came with him to the back room to discuss my qualifications and ask each other any questions needed. They were friendly, and relatively organized - those were my first impressions

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation with a difficult customer? How did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the University Village store in Seattle, WA. Received an email back within a few days asking if I would come in for a group interview. Interview was with 3 others. Conversation was smooth and comfortable, with good communication all around.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied in store and gave my resume. Manager told me to apply online. Received a call back next day and the group interview was the following day. The manager did not write anything down during the interview... After the group interview, I realized I never wanted to work there for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Who is your fashion icon?
      Who would you say is one of the top people you respect?
      Who would you say is our competitor?
       What is one item in your wardrobe that you would keep forever and why? Sell it to me.
      How do you keep up with fashion trends?
      What is your biggest accomplishment you admire most?
      Give a time you had really good customer service.
      Why do you want to work at BR?
      Can you tell me about a time you influenced someone and how?
      What would you say is your greatest weakness and how would you overcome it?
      If you could be any kitchen appliance, what would it be and how would that relate to your characteristics/abilities?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First Online- I sent in my resume. I then received a phone call where I spoke with the store manager for a bit, and finally I had an in-person interview outside the store, and inside the store.

Interview Questions

• What does BR represent to you   Answer Question
    • How would you advise a costumer who want a look they can wear during the day at work, and at night for a fancy/formal dinner. (Go pull look from current collection)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Westport, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

Positive interview experience with one of the managers in a back room, but I ultimately did not hear back as expected and had to follow up myself to receive the ultimate rejection notice. Was told they had already filled all summer positions, in spite of indications that hiring was still ongoing.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Milpitas, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was hired for seasonal, so I was interviewed in a group setting. The operations manager asked the basic questions: Why Banana Republic? Why do you think you'll be a great addition to the team? Where do you see yourself with the company in a year?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be great addition to the team?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1:1 process, fairly quick and simple questions.
    Was asked to create an outfit for a celebrity that I think would wear the brand and suggest where they would've worn it too. Mostly concerned with my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you see wearing this brand?   Answer Question
    • If a customer needs your help and you're busy helping another customer what do you do?   Answer Question
    • What kind of style do you think this company represents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

They first did a group interview and then did a one-on-one to finish the process. Then after the one-one interview, I was asked to wait until they heard back from the background check. Once they got that, they hired me and I went in for training. They hire and train in groups.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite fashion blogs/instagrams?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

One interview, was going to have 2 but got hired after the first. Sat down at the mall and just talked a little about my experience in retail. I am a huge people person and they love that at any retail store.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think our are top competitors?   1 Answer