Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

About an hour to 2 hour group interview, very friendly managers and easy question. The interview is a group interview and try to dress like the clothes the store sells, mention you like GAP as well as Banana Republic and that you would enjoy representing their image and selling it

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who seems to need help   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and quickly got a interview the following day. I actually thought they wouldn't get back to me but they did the next day literally. I was so happy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The interview process was a very easy process. the intervie was great made you relax and answer in your best possible way which was a very great thing for people who get nervous

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty easy and relax. The manager made me feel comfortable and explained Banana Republic brand. The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. After the interview part I asked the manager some questions and then the manager took me to the sales floor to put together an outfit for a woman going out to drinks after work. I had few minutes to put together a look and explain the outfit.

Interview Questions

• How would you define going beyond expectation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Banana Republic? What is Banana Republic style? What is your style?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire in fashion?   Answer Question
    • Sale yourself to me? What makes you different from other people applying for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a different experience, I was taken to the back and did an interview with another person. We were asked the same questions but at different levels of depth. We discussed our skills, experience, and availability then we were told we would hear back within the week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in teams?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I applied online and got a call maybe 2 weeks later. Brief conversation with one of the managers, mostly basic questions to get to know me on a personal level and background in retail. I interviewed in person after another 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I met with 3 different managers before getting hired. Each one separately and the process took about 3 weeks to complete. I met with two assistant managers and the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you were in and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on Gap's website and within a week, was asked to come into the store for a interview. Went in for a group interview, a few days later received a call with the job offer. Pretty straight forward, no trick questions were asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They called me to schedule an interview a few days after I applied online. I had one interview. I went in, we talked, your typical interview questions and then just a discussion about our backgrounds and where we came from to get comfortable with one another. The manager said she liked me so I didn't need another interview. VERY straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What article of clothing that you own best describes you.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

We had a group interview managers were nice and friendly. Interview questions were easy some were tricky overall it was a fast and easy interview. Managers made some jokes and stuff to make the whole process more fun and outgoing.