Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.2

382 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted you over email and met for a mores informal interview at the store in the back room. It was a one on one interview, you and the manager, and took about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Pretty simple and quick just be yourself and try to look fashionable. Try to give answers pertaining to fashion. Whether it's designers or fashion. Know some of the company history so that way you'll look more impressive and prepped. Sometimes they let you create an outfit probably the only time you'll get too.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a hard problem ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on call interview process in which the manager asked me multiple questions to see if I fit their job description. I then got a call the next day saying I was hired and when I came into work I had to watch multiple videos on sales, customer service, communication, and marketing the brand. Afterwards, I was trained hands on by a current employee and a week later required no more training and started working for the company myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours and if I preferred working nightly or daily.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was hired in a group interview with three other people who had also applied. It made it more like a conversation than an interview. It was just the one interview and I was hired - there was no one on one with the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

About an hour to 2 hour group interview, very friendly managers and easy question. The interview is a group interview and try to dress like the clothes the store sells, mention you like GAP as well as Banana Republic and that you would enjoy representing their image and selling it

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who seems to need help   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and quickly got a interview the following day. I actually thought they wouldn't get back to me but they did the next day literally. I was so happy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The interview process was a very easy process. the intervie was great made you relax and answer in your best possible way which was a very great thing for people who get nervous

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty easy and relax. The manager made me feel comfortable and explained Banana Republic brand. The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. After the interview part I asked the manager some questions and then the manager took me to the sales floor to put together an outfit for a woman going out to drinks after work. I had few minutes to put together a look and explain the outfit.

Interview Questions

• How would you define going beyond expectation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Banana Republic? What is Banana Republic style? What is your style?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire in fashion?   Answer Question
    • Sale yourself to me? What makes you different from other people applying for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a different experience, I was taken to the back and did an interview with another person. We were asked the same questions but at different levels of depth. We discussed our skills, experience, and availability then we were told we would hear back within the week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in teams?
      How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I applied online and got a call maybe 2 weeks later. Brief conversation with one of the managers, mostly basic questions to get to know me on a personal level and background in retail. I interviewed in person after another 2 weeks.