Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

We had a group interview managers were nice and friendly. Interview questions were easy some were tricky overall it was a fast and easy interview. Managers made some jokes and stuff to make the whole process more fun and outgoing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monterey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August, received the phone call in the beginning of September and was asked to do an onsite interview next day in the store. They have me do an activity which took about 15-20 minutes to complete. The task was to create a look and try to sale the look to interviewer. Then we moved on the the second part of interview, which they asked me questions about myself and my knowledge of Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted?
      Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone?
      Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic?
      Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Had group interview where they gave us group assignments where had to interview a partner and introduce them to the group. also had to go to sales floor and pick out an outfit and "sell" it to the manager

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday got an email on Sunday that I passed the assessment and to call to set up an interview. Interviewed today at 12pm with the GM, arrived early and walked around for a bit, GM was help customers. Finally when she was done quite a bit later we sat down and she asked to tell her about myself. I rambled and we just talked and talked she asks about my work history and how comfortable I was in selling a banana card I worked at macys before so it's all too easy for me. She didn't ask any other questions she just wanted to know how my personality was and she hired me based off of that and a minimum off of experience. Now I wait for my background check then I start!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. When I went, it was a group interview. The general manager was energetic and kind and warm. She made the whole process comfortable and it was casual. The work place was quiet, since it wasn't busy. The people were outgoing and friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took almost 3 months, I applied at the beginning of June and was contacted for an interview at the end of August. Application was through GAP careers website. The interview was very smooth and the store manager seemed genuinely interested in my previous experience everything I said. I had no real retail experience, I only worked in an online retail environment. However I was offered the job at the time of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brea, CA).

Interview

One brief phone interview and then went into the store for a group interview. The interview was held by 2 managers. It was mostly personality questions and situational based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from the hiring manager just 4 days later and was invited to an interview within the next 2 days. I was interviewed with another girl. When the interview started we were given a activity to complete and it was to go around the store and pick out an outfit to make a scenario that we got to pick out. After that it was your average interview questions. And I received a job offer 3 days later. I asked for minimum wage and was offered a dollar more!

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you describe Banana Republic style?
      2. What does customer service mean to you?
      3. What was your best customer service experience?
      4. What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Camarillo, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I walked into the outlet shop and asked if they were hiring. They then proceeded to tell me it's online and handed me a flyer with the information. I soon applied, eager for the job. About a week later I got a call that they were interested in me and that they were wondering if I was interested in doing an interview... A group interview. Of course I was nervous, not knowing what to expect. I prepared myself by researching about the company and some questions that I could be asked.

The day of the interview I arrived about 10 minutes early and was told to go hang in the back for a couple of minutes. I looked around the store, trying to get the feel of the store and its style. Then there was a costumer who thought I worked there because I wasn't wearing a bag, but she was kind and said she hopes I get the job! Then the supervisor told me to walk with him inside. He mentioned that it would just be me for the interview because the others rescheduled... Which made me a little relaxed because I'm shy around others. He then showed me a little bit of the back of the store then we sat in this one room. More narrow than wide. He first proceeded to ask me about my availability since I was a minor.. Then told me to go to the floor and pick an outfit. When I came back 5-10 minutes later I had to explain my pieces. ( impressed I took accessories). Then he asked me the other questions...

After the questions were asked and answers were said he said he was happy and he was going to talk to his hiring manager about doing a background check. He also told me to get a workers permit from my school!! A day later I get a call telling me that they are interested and want to know if I'll take the job... I COULDNT RESIST!!! He told me that there was orientation this coming Sunday from 8-12.

Overall friendly staff and very chilled out!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with people as a team   Answer Question
    • Go to the floor and pick out an outfit that could be used during a work day and a date night   Answer Question
    • What piece in your closet best represents you/your style   Answer Question
    • Who is someone you respect (I asked them to rephrase because I was confused and he meant who do I look up to the most, who I admire)   Answer Question
    • What was the best customer service you ever received   Answer Question

Negotiation

On my online resume I stated I'd want at least $10 and that's what I received!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Went in met with GM and merchandise manager after applying online and going in and introducing myself to a couple employees. It was on the sales floor, I was supposed to be with another person but she didn't show up. Was very relaxed and chill

Interview Questions

• Get an outfit that you can 1- wear to your job, and 2- wear on a night out after work all in one outfit   1 Answer
    • What strengths do you have?   1 Answer