Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.2

382 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Geneva, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. Went in the back room and spoke with the manager answered simple questions basically about yourself. Then went on the floor to pick out an outfit that I would try to sell to a client.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview ,lasted about 45 min 2 people besides me,she was quite rude and has “bossy “attitude,no eye contacat with me.Wasted my time to go there through all the city

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I met with 3 different managers before getting hired. Each one separately and the process took about 3 weeks to complete. I met with two assistant managers and the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you were in and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on Gap's website and within a week, was asked to come into the store for a interview. Went in for a group interview, a few days later received a call with the job offer. Pretty straight forward, no trick questions were asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

They called me to schedule an interview a few days after I applied online. I had one interview. I went in, we talked, your typical interview questions and then just a discussion about our backgrounds and where we came from to get comfortable with one another. The manager said she liked me so I didn't need another interview. VERY straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What article of clothing that you own best describes you.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

We had a group interview managers were nice and friendly. Interview questions were easy some were tricky overall it was a fast and easy interview. Managers made some jokes and stuff to make the whole process more fun and outgoing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Monterey, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August, received the phone call in the beginning of September and was asked to do an onsite interview next day in the store. They have me do an activity which took about 15-20 minutes to complete. The task was to create a look and try to sale the look to interviewer. Then we moved on the the second part of interview, which they asked me questions about myself and my knowledge of Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you an introverted or extroverted?
      Q: What will you do in a party that you don't know anyone?
      Q: Who is the biggest competitor for Banana Republic?
      Q: Why do you want to work in Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Had group interview where they gave us group assignments where had to interview a partner and introduce them to the group. also had to go to sales floor and pick out an outfit and "sell" it to the manager

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday got an email on Sunday that I passed the assessment and to call to set up an interview. Interviewed today at 12pm with the GM, arrived early and walked around for a bit, GM was help customers. Finally when she was done quite a bit later we sat down and she asked to tell her about myself. I rambled and we just talked and talked she asks about my work history and how comfortable I was in selling a banana card I worked at macys before so it's all too easy for me. She didn't ask any other questions she just wanted to know how my personality was and she hired me based off of that and a minimum off of experience. Now I wait for my background check then I start!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. When I went, it was a group interview. The general manager was energetic and kind and warm. She made the whole process comfortable and it was casual. The work place was quiet, since it wasn't busy. The people were outgoing and friendly and helpful.