Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

First Interview:Group Interview discussing what the company expect from you.
Second Interview: one on one interview on pay,discounts, and loss prevention things
overall this is a quite easy process. usually this all takes within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online submitted my resume and a cover letter. I got a call from the store after about two weeks to come for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the store manager. She asked me Q's from a list she had in front of her. It was more of a conversation in between answering the Q's. She was extremely nice. I asked her a couple of questions about the company as well.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean when someone says exceeding expectations?
      What is something that can get in your way of doing your best?
      Tell me about a item from your closet that makes you feel most confident. Describe in detail.
      What famous person do you look to for fashion advice and why.
      A time when you received good customer service
      Why Banana Republic?
      Answer Question

I have not really declined the offer but I told her I was interviewing at Banana Republic closer to me and I would like to give a shot there and get back to her asap.

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (North Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

it was really easy, the hiring manager was super sweet and kind. Make sure you dress professional and have a three piece set and be classy. How old I was? Why I want to work there? What can I bring to the company? Why do I want to work here?

Interview Questions

• How would I sell a card or clothing item to them? How is my sense in fashion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was supposed to be a big group interview but only two of us showed up. The associate manager was very nice although the interview felt more like a competition.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Gilroy, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I did a Group interview and the process was quick. The manager asked easy questions about the store. She asked about our previous retail history and what we like and know about Banana Republic.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Banana Republic   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

First, a group interview with other candidates. The interviewed asked questions to the group and to specific individuals. Next, there was an interview with the store manager, one on one. Typical interview questions were asked. No surprises here.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Cypress, TX).

Interview

Smooth and easy, Manager was very nice and approachable. Provided a lot of key information and asked questions about my customer service experience. It feels more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was called within a few days. Had a one on one interview and was called with an offer within a week because of multiple interviews scheduled. Questions pertained to fashion and customer service. Want individuals who know how to balance multiple consumers at the same time and have the ability to fit the brand direction.

Interview Questions

• How would you act if you were helping a customer and another needed your help as well? There is no other sales associate on the floor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called later that day to set up a interview for the following day. I was interviewed in a group 6 applicants by 2 managers. It was very relaxed and easy going. Hands down the best interview I've ever been to.

The interview did last long then I thought it would, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. 99.9% of the questions were clearly geared towards getting to know us as people. They asked no questions about prior retail experience. This was a relief for me as I was youngest person in my group and I assume the only one without retail experience (I am 19 and all other applicants were 25+).

After the interview, they told us all that they would get back to us no later then Friday (it was Tuesday). Then they said they were going to call us back one by one to make sure our availability was correct. They called me back second to last and offered me the job on the spot. I asked them if they were planning on hiring any of the other people from my group and they said probably not. They said their plans was to have two group interviews, hire the people they liked best on the spot but take the rest of the week to debate the rest of the people to fill the remaining positions.

Best advice would be to be early, be very polite, be yourself, and dress very nicely. I was not fake for a single second of my interview and I believe that was a huge factor in me getting the job. You can't fake fitting the brand forever so they want to see they Banana Republic is just truly you, without trying too hard. The outfit is important. Make sure it is clean, current, relatable and ironed down to your underwear. I even ironed my black jeans. Most of the interviews they do are group interviews and you don't want to the most underdressed person in the group, they will notice.

Interview Questions

• What does personal success mean to you?
      Tell me something that one couldn't learn about you by looking at your resume.
      Who inspires you to achieve in your life?
      What famous person do you look to for fashion advice and why.
      When was the last time you brought someone joy?
      Tell me about a time you gave or got great customer service.
      Tell me about a item from your closet that makes you feel most confindent, describe it in detail.
      Why Banana Republic?
      If you arrived at a party and found you were the first and only person there, what would you do and why?
      What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
      Etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The Process did not take long at all. On a Friday I attended a group interview, and the next day i had a one on one interview with the HR Manager, The same day I was offered the job. Just be positive, energetic, and make sure you have a pretty good knowledge on the company's aesthetic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Banana Republic?
      Do you have a favorite item from any collection?