Banana Republic Sales Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

2.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Professional, quick, relatively painless. Be dressed professionally with a sense of style, and not like your mom dressed you. We were called in for a specific day for interviews, asked to put together an outfit (very important) with item on the sales floor and why we chose these items. Asked several more questions. Then received a call later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit for an occasion that you could wear to work but also go out in after work.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work here? And what can you personally bring to the company?   Answer Question
  • What is your personal sense of style?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview, then we had to put together an outfit and describe how versatile it is and walk through the store and role play by selling to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• "tell me a time you think you gave excellent customer service"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Very casual. They entire interview process was about 20mins and it mostly consisted of a simple conversation that had very little to do with the job. This however should not be considered indicative of the process because I impressed the hiring manager with my sense of humor changing the entire dynamic within the first 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was hiring in as a seasonal employee so the one question they asked and elaborated on extensively was my ability to work weekends and Black Friday.   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interviews, then got call for a second interview one on one. Two weeks later got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was fairly easy I simply had to talk about my interest, and what I wanted for my future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first retail job and I was content with the offer.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Phone Call. Group Interview with all behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was meant to be a group interview however the rest of the group didn't show so it wound up being a 1:1 interview. I would say I benefitted me to have this type of interview because I was more comfortable about disclosing information and didn't feel like I was competing with the other applicants. We had the typical interview questions and then the CEM took me on the floor and had be sell to her.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call just a few hours after. The lady called to schedule a spot for me at the group interview sessions. So we made an appointment. I went in wearing a pretty casual attire, while everyone else was oddly dressed up so bad. I was glad the supervisor was also very casual with flats and a shirt with a cardigan. There were 9 of us in one conference room and we had to answer questions one by one. We also got paired up and were told to introduce our partners and explain why they deserve the job they were applying for. We also had a role playing exercise where we had to try to sell a dress.

Overall it was a fun and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most favorite and least favorite bosses in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Were asked about our best and worst service experienced and told to elaborate on why they were good or not so good. We were also asked in customer service what was most important.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Skokie, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online, had a short phone interview, then was called for an interview in person. I was offered the job on the spot after some easy behavioral questions and a role play scenario where I assisted a manager-playing-a-customer pick out some work appropriate clothes. There was a background check as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone who was difficult to negotiate with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my salary expectations were, we agreed quite easily

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Nashville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later from the customer experience manager. She asked me to come in for a group interview the next evening and told me the interview attire was business casual. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview started; a few minutes later, another girl came in. The "group" interview ended up consisting of just me and that other girl. After waiting several minutes, the customer experience manager showed up and took us back to the stock room. She told us a little bit about the company and basically talked about the Gap Inc. brand and praised how great it is. She then asked us a few questions (we both had to answer all of the questions she asked), she talked more about the company, and that was it. I'd say we were only asked about 4 questions in total - the woman interviewing us talked more than we did. She said she'd let us know either that night or the next day if we got the job. I didn't hear back so I assumed I hadn't gotten it. 4 days later I receive a voicemail from the store's GM offering me the job. I asked several questions about the position and then accepted it, but only because I'm desperate for a job. The GM said that part-time sales support associates only get between 15-23 hours a week depending on availability.

Overall the store seemed laid back and the employees all seemed friendly. The only downside to the position seemed to be the fact that we were only going to be offered part-time hours; we were given the whole "hours are based on performance, but I've never had anyone NOT get hours" spiel, which I'm not sure I entirely believe.

Interview Questions

• How would you define integrity?   1 Answer
    • When you first enter a store, what's the first thing you notice? What one thing makes or breaks a shopping experience for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate although I should have considering that I have a college education.