Banana Republic Sales Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fast and very efficient. Questions were directed towards experience and day to day requirements. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The managers really looked like they enjoyed their work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Contacted through email after submitting resume. Came in for a roundtable interview where they asked open table questions to see who would respond and based off answers and outspokenness, chose who to call back for a second one on one interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Asked for hours and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. General questions of why do you want to work for the company, what can you contribute, etc. Next is in store interview with hiring manager. Talks more about the company and mostly to check if you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• "can you close at midnight and be here at 5 a.m.?, we're low on people"   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. They stick by minimum wage. Each store gets about 1,000 applications a week, everyone is replaceable.

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Deer Park, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Why I want to be a part of the Banana Republic brand?
    What are my strengths?
    What are my weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• What are my weaknesses was an unexpected question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What are you looking for in an employee?

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Troy, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them a few weeks later over the phone that I had been accepted to do an interview. There were two interviews: a group interview and then if you got called back a one-on-one interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I wish I had. When they ask you how much you want to make, be sure to say $9.00/hour

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2012.

Interview

I had a group interview of about 8 people and facilitated by 3 managers. Managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever worked with company credit cards and what my experience was, they also asked if I had ever filled out a customer experience survey for any businesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Montgomery, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly smooth and painless. My managers where extremely nice, and very good at explaining what the job I was applying for called for.

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Southlake, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It can be tough to get an interview, but once you get that the interview is pretty straightforward. Either know someone who works there, or go in multiple times to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience working with customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online. I actually forgot I applied until I got a call back about one month later. There was a brief phone interview, just asking about my previous jobs. I was then asked to come in for a group interview. I went in and there were about 6 other people there. We all went upstairs into the back room and sat around the table. The manager went around the table asking pretty general questions (why do you want to work here, what is good customer service, why Banana, etc.) It was very laid back and not formal. All of us were hired that day, save for one person who was texting throughout the entire group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Great interview experience. Started with a phone call to ask why I wanted to work at Banana Republic. Next we set up a meeting for a one to one interview where I was asked me a number of questions mostly relating to my interests and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time in the past week where you have felt alive or in the zone.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the projects or responsibilities you have taken on in the past week?   Answer Question