Banana Republic Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online. I was scheduled for an interview within a few days. I had the interview a week after submitting my application and was contacted with an offer a few days later. Had a great positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get information on fashion and fashion trends? What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe? Why Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from the hiring manager just 4 days later and was invited to an interview within the next 2 days. I was interviewed with another girl. When the interview started we were given a activity to complete and it was to go around the store and pick out an outfit to make a scenario that we got to pick out. After that it was your average interview questions. And I received a job offer 3 days later. I asked for minimum wage and was offered a dollar more!

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you describe Banana Republic style?
      2. What does customer service mean to you?
      3. What was your best customer service experience?
      4. What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Corte Madera, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online then got a phone call from the general manager about 2 hours later to set up an interview. Interviewed three days later for about 10 minutes and then she wanted to offer me a job pending my background check. Two days later I got an official offer and accepted over the phone. New Hire orientation starts in two days. Overall process took about a week!

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

-345 question personality assessment, followed by 18 mathematical analysis questions you have to complete in 17 min.
    -Phone interview lasting exactly 30 min- very dry, rushed.
    -i felt at times that he wasn't even listening to me

Interview Questions

• if gap had a jacket that was performing well in the market, and you only had 50,000 to distribute, how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very organized interview process. You are greeted by an HR manager and then escorted to each of the people you will interview with. They generally schedule 2-3 back-to-back reviews so you come in one or two times. It is very efficient and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Questions include why you want to leave your last role/company and to describe an experience or bullet that you've referenced on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in application online; within 5 days got an email to interview. Interview was a group interview. The group was asked a question and each person had to give a response.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle and balance multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took salary they gave.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went through several sets of interviews. The overall theme of each interview included questions regarding leadership capabilities and management experience. I interviewed with the Regional Recruiting Manager, Store Director, Human Resources Director, General Manager, and Assistant General Manager. It was a long process, but each was very relaxed. I felt at ease due to the fact that each individual simiply wanted to get to know me on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged while LOD. What was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

GapTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a response about one month later. After the initial response, the process was about two weeks long consisting of an initial phone interview and onsite interview lasting one hour. Communication was good and I was able to get any questions answered in a short amount of time. Response after the final round interview was only one day.

Interview Questions

• Resume-based. As a college student, a lot of questions were based on my major or classes and we brainstormed how they might be directly applicable to the job.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

After initial phone interview, met with several groups from the logistics team. Some interviewers were very friendly while others seemed disinterested. Questions were mostly about my experience and they asked for a lot of examples of past challenges I had dealt with in the workplace, how I had improved previous workplaces, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you please provide an example of how you improved efficiency in your present job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applying online for Sales Associate Position 9/5. Received a call on 9/8 asking if I could come in for a group interview on 9/12 but I was out of town and couldn't make It. Was told I'd be called back 9/12 after group interviews to set up either a one on one or group interview. Was called 9/12 at 7pm to schedule interview for Sunday 9/14. Interview went awesome! Was told I'd hear from hiring manager by 9/15 by 5pm. Received a call at 3pm with job offer for 13.25 (I told them my expected salary was 13). The entire process was simple, quick, and everyone has been very nice so far. Was asked to come in 9/16 for Orientation, but I couldn't make it. So I will be attending orientation 9/24 and starting training the following day and will begin work on the following Monday. Very applicable and relevant questions were asked: Where do you see yourself in 3 years? What does customer service mean to you? Describe to me a time where you had to go above and beyond in a difficult situation in order to achieve amazing customer service. Where does your personal style come from? How do you keep up with fashion trends?

Interview Questions

• Where does your personal style come from?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what my expected salary was in the interview and I said 13/hr but that I was possibly open for some flexibility. When I received the call and was extended a job offer, I was told that the usual starting pay was 10.50, but because of my experience and my eagerness to move up quickly with the company, they extended a 13.25/ hr offer to me.