Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a manager at the store. She called to invite me for an interview. I had one interview. It was with the hiring manager. It was right before the holiday season during late October, early November. The process was pretty simple. It was supposed to be a group interview but it was only me and another young lady who showed up. After the interview with us both, the manager told me to go outside while he spoke with her alone. (He cancelled the interview with the other people that were supposed to come). After he spoke with her, he called me back in to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and got a call the next day. First part of the interview I was asked to pick an outfit and then was asked why I chose those specific pieces. From there, it was just a regular interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Juan, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my resumé and also a cover letter through their online portal about a month ago and received a call to set up an interview last Friday. This monday that passed I went in for the group interview, we had to pick some situations and set up some outfits, the managers went up to each of us individually and asked why did you pick that outfit. Later on if you passed that first part you went on to the second part which was the questions. It was basic stuff, retail related.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important things when working in a group?   Answer Question
    • What is one article (clothes related) you own that you love?   Answer Question
    • What is one of the most important things when working in a retail store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Vernon Hills, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very casual and straightforward. Process went by quickly, whole process from application to hire was 2 weeks. Came across more as a conversation than an interview. Managers came across friendly and seemed to work together frequently, always on the same page.

Interview Questions

• What retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview. Given a scenario to put together an outfit for and then did a group interview with a hiring manger that was very brief.

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Temecula, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call to interview the next day I applied. Had only one interview that lasted about 5 minutes. She asked me to tell her about myself, told me about the company and then asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were working in a team to reach a goal.   Answer Question
    • What does it mean to you to exceed expectations?   Answer Question
    • They also asked if I would be comfortable to sell their credit cards, its a big part of the job.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2018.

Interview

It was a very relaxed group interview. The interviewer was so nice and laid back. We sat around a table and she asked questions. Then we were asked to put together an outfit for a night out on the town.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself?" Describe a time that you had great service?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and went into the store the next day for open interviews. Was met by a friendly interviewer who asked pretty standard questions to feel out whether I would be a potential candidate. Got a call for a second interview (group) a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a needy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Garden City, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The manager sat with me and asked the routine interview question, followed by more personal question like who I am and what interests me, then I was instructed to pick out an outfit for a specific event (a baby shower) and I was shown around the store with a brief explanation of what being a sales associate at the store would consist of.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a job fair hiring event. We met the Store Manager at check in then he put in different groups of 4 - 5 each with 2 other employees as interviewers. They didn't ask anything challenging at all. Very simple interview all you had to do was be well dressed, and well spoken, no cultural, race, or body type discrimination.