Banana Republic Stock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

They called me minutes after I applied online to set up an interview at the store. I was very excited but at the same time nervous because I hadn't prepared for the interview beforehand. The interview process was a group interview and asked about three questions

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background, job experience why I wanted to work at Banana Republic   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later asking to come in for an interview in a few days. I went and I was a bit early so she told me to walk around the store and start looking for an outfit that I would wear to a party. Once I did, we went to the back of the store and she asked me some questions that Gap makes up. Right when we finished the interview she offered me the position and orientation is in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our clothes?   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   1 Answer
    • You arrive to a party and your group of friends isn't there yet. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were a positive influence?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite clothing piece in your closet?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Went in and talked to the operations manager. Very informal. Asked about what I would do in certain situations and what customer service means to me. Pretty typical behavioral screening and asking about my past experiences and what I was looking for in the future - with the company or otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Katy, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a good reference from a previous manager, did not require any former experience, did a group in-person interview after your resume was approved. It took about 2 weeks to get my resume approved and then I had to wait for the next available group interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview with about 10 people. Its was with the GM and CEM of the store. They asked a question and went around the table with people responding to the same question. Not very difficult. It probably lasted like 45 min. We were told we would get a call back letting us know if we made it to the next step. I got a call 3 days later for a interview with the MPM. The interview only lasted 20 min. The next day i got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation where you were able to go above expectations?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application online I got a call to schedule a group interview a week later. The actual interview was more of a discussion with the manager who wanted us to talk about ourselves for a little bit to break the ice. The manager then told us about the company and some things to expect for the stock position, then she asked if we had any questions for her. After asking a few questions the interview was over and in a few days I received an offer (no negotiation).

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, the only question that was asked was "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

It was easier than my current stock position job. One phone call, one sit down interview with two supervisors, one direct, the other on above. Received a call from the H.R. person the next day offering me a job. Real standard questions and format, such as "when was a time you went above and beyond with customer service?"

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I submitted an application, then received a phone call about two days later and was asked to do a group interview. There was five of us in the interview and the general manager hosted our interviews. He asked the same questions to all of us just staggered and worded differently.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult situation you have ever had with an employee at any company where you left unsatisfied?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, I got a call the next day and offered the job for 50 cents above minimum wage at the time and was asked to come in Saturday morning to fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Group interview with about a handful of people. They ask you basic questions that are very customer oriented. Interviewers just want to see some personality and knowledge of fashion. There is also a brief group project, which you walk around the store and pick out an outfit and explain the versatility of that outfit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer or handle a situation   Answer Question