Banana Republic Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Store Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly Simple. They will usually interview in groups. They will ask a question aloud and let selected individuals answer the question. My interview was about 30-45 minutes long because I was in a group of 7-8 individuals. They move very slow with their process as far as management is concerned so if you don't hear back for a week or so, don't fret.

Interview Questions

• Describe what success means to you   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online on Indeed, and two days later after applying I got a call for an interview for the following week. I was out of town on vacation that week, so I was told to call back to set up the interview the next week, which is what I did. And I've got to say, it was a very laid back and easy group interview. There were 3 other people, 2 who were older than me and had work experience, and one girl like me who did not have work experience and was going to be a junior in high school too. We answered 7 or so questions, taking turns going in a group circle. The manager was very nice and agreed with everything we had to say. He talked for a majority of the time to kind of break the ice too and he made jokes to keep us from being too nervous. Afterwards, we did a short activity where an employee pretended they were a customer, and we were supposed to help them find two outfits for two different occasions, which was fairly easy also. It was hands down the best interview I have been to. There's nothing to worry about if you are confident, tell truthful answers, and practice a little bit beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I will post the questions I remember from the interview (might be missing 1 or 2, probably in the order they came in.)

1. Tell me a little about yourself.

2. What does Banana Republic mean to you?

3. What does integrity mean to you?

4. Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

5. Tell me about a time you had a difficult work situation and how you overcame it.

6. (This was a very unexpected question just fyi. This is how I remember the question, not entirely sure if it's worded the exact way it was asked.) You are throwing a party. You want to make your party better than the one your friend is throwing, and you have unlimited resources. What would you do to make your party the best?

(part 2 of previous question) What is something that could go wrong with the party, even though you have unlimited resources?

7. What mistake are you the most scared of making the first day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the job offer and attended orientation the next day. I put $8.00/hour on my application, but minimum wage here in California is $9.00/hour (I didn't know they raised it), so that was I settled on. I didn't attempt to negotiate further, since it was my first job offer. The manager told me if I stay with the company for a year he would raise my salary to $10.00/hour, which was great to hear.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Easy group interview with manager Julie Arellano, very friendly lady. There were 4 others . Asked easy questions about experience. And we were asked to put together an outfit. It was fun.

Interview Questions

• Be willing to give the answers they want to hear. Do not seem uninterested   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Fayetteville, AR) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a group interview for a seasonal position with Banana Republic in 2014. The group interview was myself, one other person, and the interviewer in the back room of the store & lasted about 30 minutes. We were asked a number of questions covering our interest in the position, interest in the Gap company, previous experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

You can submit your resume to the manager at the location you're interested in. You may be interviewed on the spot, so be ready. They will consider your attire as they have requirements for overall look. Flexible availability is important. The more flexible you are the more hours you can get.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer holding a blouse and walking around, how would you help them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Aventura, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I arrived a 1 minute late and found that the hiring manager had two other interviewees in the back seeing as it was a group interview. The hiring manager was extremely nice he tried to make us comfortable by telling us about himself after he asked us to tell him about ourselves. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and then we had to put an outfit together based on a scenario the hiring manager came up with.

Eg. A woman who is a Dentist from the Midwest and she's come to Miami for a Dental convention, she wants a business casual look.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • At your last workplace did you meet or exceed the goals set for you? ( referring to metrics)   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Got a phone call from them maybe two days later. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. It was outside of the store in the middle of the mall on a bench which really distracted me and made me nervous. The lady was nice but didn't seem very interested and seemed like she had made up her mind about me after the first question. They want you to be very fashion savvy. You have to know how to choose outfits for people and decide what looks good on them. You need to dress very cute all the time.

Interview Questions

• A time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Who do you look to for fashion inspiration?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes in and asks you to give her outfit ideas. Which clothing do you choose?   Answer Question

I wasn't expecting them to want me to be this fashion savvy and it kind of annoyed me. Their store was not EXTREMELY busy which is what I'm used to and what I was looking for.