Bandwidth Brand Manager/Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Brand Manager/Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Cary, NC).

Interview

I was in talks with the Republic Wireless division for this position over a whopping 8 month period. I submitted my resume after being contacted by a recruiter. At first they came back and said that my experience was more B2B instead of B2C (it's not, I believe my current position was misunderstood even though I explained it thoroughly). They also said they were going to be holding off on hiring for this position until they formulated a game plan.

Then they contacted me a few months later and said that they were moving forward and would like to interview me. I had a phone interview that went very well. They then asked me to come for an in-person interview. They didn't give me much notice with regard to being able to request the time from my current employer but I made it work.

I showed up and was scheduled to interview with 7 different people individually. However, I spent a lot of time with each person so I didn't get to the last 2. I was there from 1pm until 6:30pm. Everything seemed to go well - I thought most of those I interviewed with seemed great, very professional. Although I will say that one interviewer seemed to be nodding off during the interview despite a pretty in-depth conversation ;)

Over the next few days I received very positive feedback and we were trying to move forward with scheduling an interview with the remaining people I hadn't had a chance to meet. It was taking way too long, with a lot of back and forth to get confirmation on this follow-up interview. In addition, I was again given very late notice about times that would work for them - I'm talking about 1 or 2 days notice to let my boss know that I needed to be out. This went on for a couple of weeks, all the time they are telling me they're just trying to get me scheduled.

The first of the year passes and at this point it's been 8 months since I first started this process. I'm still getting emails saying they are trying to set up the interview. Then it goes quiet for a few days. I hear from the recruiter and she tells me that AGAIN they have decided not to hire for this position, as they have reorganized for 2013. She told me that I was the finalist and would have been offered the position should they have decided to proceed with it.

I understand that this division regards itself as a start-up essentially. I've been there - and I know plans can change fast. But to go through this process, not once but twice, with the same outcome, I was left feeling that I'd wasted my time and been dragged along when they didn't really know what they wanted all along. I also felt like the repeated short notice with regard to the interview schedule was, in my opinion, unprofessional. I would expect that a company would want me to show my current employer the same respect that they would want me to show them. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth and made me decide that I would no longer apply for any positions with this company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary but you must be on your toes, as expected!   Answer Question