Banfield Pet Hospital Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

3.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Veterinarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a two hour initial interview with a talent acquisition member after my application was processed. This mainly focused on why I wanted to work at Banfield and behavioral questions. Once that was completed, I was recommended for an in person interview with the medical director of my region. This was a lunch interview in which we discussed what I was looking for in a position, starting salary, and a few more behavioral questions. It also included some medical knowledge testing. Then I observed a few hospitals to see which location I would like to work in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake/received criticism and how did you handle that.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Pleasant, thorough, and informative. I had a phone call interview and then two skype call interviews. The department was very accommodating while I was trying to relocate from the East coast to Portland. I was able to speak with a recruiter, a manager, and a VP. This allowed me to get a feel for the department I wanted to enter from all levels of leadership. Banfield's corporate headquarters seemed to be a thriving and hiring environment. During each call, my accomplishments were the focus as the questions are all about experiences at past companies that have ultimately shaped my professional development.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions that made me bring detailed experience and accomplishments to light   Answer Question

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Jul 26, 2016 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with Banfield. We're happy you joined our practice!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

4 steps: Phone, phone, in-person w/potential co-workers, w/potential boss and others. This may seem long but they have a great culture and that's worth protecting w/a multiple layer interview process.

Interview Questions

This was a hard decision. They are a GREAT company, with great people. It was the distance. They are relocating to Vancouver this year and my commute would then be 45 min on a good day.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening telephone interview, followed by Skype interviews and then in-person team interviews at their headquarters in Portland. The process was lengthy but thorough, although the follow-up communication were not.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the job we're looking to hire for?   Answer Question

Banfield Pet Hospital Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your review.

--- Banfield Pet Hospital

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after application got a call and did a phone interview on the spot. Asked experience in vet setting and what pay I wanted. I said $12. They said they usually start $11-12 but that with my experience I should be closer to $12. They Called back and set up a time for face to face. Went in on Tuesday and was interviewed by 2 practice managers. Then got called back on Wednesday for a working interview on Thursday. Working interview was 1.5 hours and I followed another assistant around and worked with a client. I was mostly there for observation but they did let me restrain when it got busy. Job offered the next day on Friday and they offered me $12. One week wait for background check and went in to do new hire paperwork after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked lots of examples. How you dealt with a difficult customer. A time you had to confront someone and the outcome. A mistake you made in the work place and the outcome. How you went above and beyond for a customer. Had to sell a wellness plan as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $12 and that's what they gave me.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

It was awful. I had to do a phone interview with a recruiter who had absolutely no personality, he seemed like a robot. It was very hard for me to show my personality or to get a sense of Banfield from this interaction. I hope next time I apply for something I get to work with someone else.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

All interviews are based on behavioral interviewing. Process was long and drawn out. Overall interactions with interviewees were pleasant interactions. Everyone was very professional it just took a long time to hear back from talent acquisition concerning the next phase in the process.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application, standard fare. Phone interview with an assistant to the practice manager. Why do you want to work for Banfield, why did you leave your last position, what pay rate are you looking for. We scheduled and in person interview with the practice manager within 3 days. Typical questions. Manager was friendly, knowledgeable and a great representative of Banfield. My experience with her and the CSC on duty just intensified my interest in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume. This isn't a difficult question but it is a GREAT opportunity to really showcase something about you that would help the company.   1 Answer

The practice manager thought a different position might make me happier and I agreed to explore it. I look forward to working with that manager in the future though, she was fantastic.

Senior Programmer Analyst Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

It started with a quick phone call interview. They just asked one question after another without giving you time to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate to Oregon?
      How would you prevent certain types from entering a collection via attributes?   Answer Question

Real Estate Site Selection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Was surprised to find out that the recruiter didn't have a Real Estate background. He knew a lot about the department and where the organization wanted to take the Real Estate team. He was friendly and personable - did a great job at conveying the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

• A lot around my due dilligence and how I worked with other departments   Answer Question