Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple, interviewed for 2 different sessions. Hour-long interviews with 2 different managers. Questions regarding general problem-solving ability and relationship-building. This job is very intensive on communication with clients. Also required technical knowledge to write tools internally for the production support teams.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to solve problems efficiently and without direction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

Seemed like an HR interview with 2 rounds . No Technical questions , Every round I was expecting at least one tech question that never happened . There were 2 rounds in total

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

chat with a few people and did a paper exam to test basic finance and economic and technical questions. not very difficult. some interviewers know very little about things and maybe that why they are hiring

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

6 Rounds, with mix of Business, domain, tech skill, process, project and people management related questions.
    Also have interviews with different team and directors
    First round was Telephone interview.
    2nd Panel of 2 persons.
    Next 1:1
    HR Round was once on phone and later in person.
    Over long but good exp.

Interview Questions

• previous domain exp related questions like, I have worked for Security Lending- Explain M2M, Contract comparison etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Richmond, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was primarily on phone. The first interview with HR, followed-up by interview with manager, skip-level manager and one key stakeholder for this role. Interview questions were focused mainly around past experience and experiences relevant to the role.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had 3 interviews. One with HR, one with the district manager and another meeting with managers. I was asked to verify previous income to qualify for the salary I wanted. Overall the interview process was good and I did not have any problems. It took about 3 weeks for me to receive an offer and I received what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hard situation you overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 weeks and offer accepted

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

1st interviewer - 24 Technical questions in an in-person interview
    2nd interviewer - 24 Technical question in-person
    3rd interviewer - 7 Business questions (How to price a Bond, Swaps and balloon payments).

Interview Questions

• How many parameters can be passed into a container's constructor? Interviewer was looking for the last parameter.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was straight forward and the questions and time allowed to respond was perfect. The interviewing manager was prepared with questions that were business specific, transitioned to allow the flow of interview to go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is the one asset of working for your last manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

In person interview by Business, Technology and Other support area managers. I used to be a contractor in same team so knew most of these interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Risk Mgmt - and Technical Skills questions: SQL querying knowledge questions.   1 Answer
    • describe your current role   1 Answer

Negotiation

Money is tight right now, there is ton of talent in market ready to work if you dont take the job. Shut up and take the job if you really are looking for one. If you already have a job and are looking for something better, try and negotiate but in this market i doubt if they change their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an internal transfer. My boss had basically decided from my resume that she wanted me for my skill set. The only thing was I had to get along with this weird guy that had been here for a long time. I get along with everyone. I think he thought I was cute. He didn't respond to a lot I had to say then I found out later he was deaf in one ear so it wasn't personal. I found out that I got the job right away. It was quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you see as your biggest challenge with this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When you are internal you know are aren't going to get that much of a bump and I didn't but I've been here a little under 2 years and I'm making 10k more than I was in my previous role which isn't bad.