Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

6 Rounds, with mix of Business, domain, tech skill, process, project and people management related questions.
Also have interviews with different team and directors
First round was Telephone interview.
2nd Panel of 2 persons.
Next 1:1
HR Round was once on phone and later in person.
Over long but good exp.

Interview Questions

• previous domain exp related questions like, I have worked for Security Lending- Explain M2M, Contract comparison etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was organized, process driven and done by phone. The process seemed impersonal but quick in their decision process. There is an initial screen and then a couple on phone interviews with more senior employees. The approval process was quick (a couple of days).

Interview Questions

• They are looking for problem solving and team work attributes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the opportunity through a headhunter. Met with hiring manager's manager first and the hiring manager on the same day. It went very smoothly. They only asked me about my experience without too many challenging questions. I suppose I was a really good fit because I got an offer very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process for AVP in software enigneering was split into 2 parts - a phone interview, which included runtime analysis of standard operations on basic datastructures (Big-O analysis of traversal, insertion, deletion of linked list nodes, B-trees), constructing algebraic data structures, and elements of functional programming, and an in person interview, which was a 3 hour ordeal in which 4-5 different people asked a different whiteboard programming question. These included iterative, recursive, and tail-recursive factorials, standard dynamic programming questions, and clever programming in general. They were very fun.

Interview Questions

• Implement factorial recursively, and then implement a tail recursion optimisation of factorial using your language of choice. Why would one choose to implement a tail-recursive function in general?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was straight forward and the questions and time allowed to respond was perfect. The interviewing manager was prepared with questions that were business specific, transitioned to allow the flow of interview to go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is the one asset of working for your last manager?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

the interview process was very professional and the people was friendly

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I got my foot in the door and seem to have come pretty close to getting the job. There was someone inside who was a good candidate, and I think they were just seeing "who else was out there."

What's great about that: a company promoting from within.

I don't feel like my time was wasted.

I feel like should I ever make inside there in a capacity I like? I may have an opportunity for good recognition and growth like that person did.

Interview Questions

• Detail for me how your experience in your current position translates for us, as you would be switching industries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who enjoyed our conversation. The recruiter proceeded to send me a link for a skills assessment test. Once I completed the test she notified me that I did pass and she will set up an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• For the main part, all the questions were basically average. It was mainly a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

1st interviewer - 24 Technical questions in an in-person interview
    2nd interviewer - 24 Technical question in-person
    3rd interviewer - 7 Business questions (How to price a Bond, Swaps and balloon payments).

Interview Questions

• How many parameters can be passed into a container's constructor? Interviewer was looking for the last parameter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had 3 interviews. One with HR, one with the district manager and another meeting with managers. I was asked to verify previous income to qualify for the salary I wanted. Overall the interview process was good and I did not have any problems. It took about 3 weeks for me to receive an offer and I received what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hard situation you overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

3 weeks and offer accepted