Bank of America Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. Sat down with the other candidates and had questions centered around ourselves, our sales experience, and how we deal with upset clients in our prior jobs.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with unsatisfied clients in your previous job(s)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The manager mostly asked me questions regarding behavior, cash handling experience, academic history, and purpose -- why Bank of America and not Wells Fargo.
    Additionally, the hiring manager wanted to know if I knew who the CEO of the bank was and what the vision of the bank was. Additionally, she wanted to know if I knew the bank values.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any cash handling experience? If so, where did you gain your experience?   1 Answer
    • Please tell me about your academic history. What are you trying to become?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond to a client that may get angry over a new bank policy that requires extra verification?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Bank of America?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied and was called the same day. Had an interview and got offered the day after. The interview itself was ritual questions that applied to every vank. Very short interview but very good.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Submit application and take online exam. Next step is to go in for a group meeting at a corporate building. If successful, you will be set up for an interview at a particular branch to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

took two weeks and for the interview process and another two weeks to start, was well organized and really good, then training would take another two weeks, there was a group interview and then a one on one interview after I passed the first one

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and the next day I heard back via email from a recruiter about a hiring event they were having. I attended and there were a lot of managers there and a lot of interviewees. You were assigned to a manager and you had a one on one interview with them. The manager I interviewed with was really sweet and we hit it off very well! It was a fairly relaxed interview. Make sure you know history about the company and be prepared to act out a scenario if you're selling something if asked! Once I finished she told me that they would contact me by the end of the week. They didn't, so I followed up with them the next week (they become very busy).

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell something to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. Once I filled out the application, about three days later I got a call from the HR department and they asked me a few questions. They told me they were looking for someone to start right away, unfortunately, I was in the middle of moving down to the state so I couldn't start right away. She thanked me for my honest and three days later I got an email informing me that they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience as a teller?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to go above and beyond to assist a customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect your starting salary to be?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Very casual. It was like grabbing lunch with someone new or just meeting someone new for coffee. Not stressful at all. Good luck! (Do care about your sales experience though and want to know you can make sales)

Interview Questions

• What is one the major accomplishments of my life that I am proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interviews and group interview applied via online job section. get ready for real life scenarios and STAR Model. Sitaution, Task, Action, Result. good company to work for and good people around hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Long painful process for a underpaid job. Only good thing are the hours. 830 to 430 during the weekDays. But totally underpaid and so many demanding tasks. I asked the manager if they were understaffed and why the teller position opened up. She said because people were moving up. First month there they fired someone and moved someone else to another banking center leaving the center I was in understaffed and completely overwhemed for the rest of us.