Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Spokane, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview with recruiter - Interview with Market and Area manager

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to demonstrate your coaching ability   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said what I wanted and they agreed

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Applied for this position online at Bankofamerica.com/careers. Was contacted within a few days for a phone screen. Post phone screen I had an additional phone interview to do a coaching role play with the recruiter. The in person interview was a split panel interview where I was interviewed by SVP and VP level executives of the Market I applied for, the total interview time for the panel was close to three hours.

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions I was unprepared for or that came as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary, benefits and officer title.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. There was an initial phone screening, followed by an online test. There was then an interview with 2 recruiters and some customer simulations. That interview was followed by an interview with the executive, and then an offer about a week later. It was a very professional environment and experience, definitely a suit and tie process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work through an issue involving different cultures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

1st -Screening phone interview
    2nd- Online skills assessment test
    3rd - 1 hour phone interview with HR recruiter
    4th - Online Coaching skills assessment test
    5th - Interview with district manager & assistant

Bof A seems to be all about them without much importance placed on work/home balance. I feel age & length of time in banking(possible old school mentality) was used as a negative against my qualifications. I am glad I was not offered a position - not the right atmosphere for me.

Interview Questions

• If I called you former boss - what would he/she say you needed to improve.   1 Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter three months after I applied. The recruiter asked me if I would be available for an interview in a few days. When he called me back he asked me a few simple questions. What's my management style? How do I instill teamwork? How do I motivate my team? Etc...
    Two days later he called me back and wanted me to meet with a manager 2 hours away. That was a second interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, it was 90 minutes. Two mangers asked me everything from my education, to my experience to what I know about Bank of America. I did my research so was well equipped. They told me they would be in touch but it may be a while. 4 days later the recruiter called me back and asked me to go to another interview with another manager. Unbeknown to me it turned out to be more of a meet and greet. The manager asked about my life and tried to get to know me. That same day the recruiter called me back and said she would be in touch with "good news." Two days later she called me back and offered me the job and a pretty fair salary. I accepted and they gave me a start date in a few weeks. After starting the background, I had to do some running around, but it was pretty basic. Then a week before starting they called me and told me I did not pass the background. I asked why and she stated she had no idea. I'm not sure what happened and there is literally nothing negative in my history. No criminal behavior, no financial issues and no terminations of employment. All attempts to find out why they didn't clear me have remained fruitless. Add too that the fact that I have passed multiple security clearances for the military without issue and it simply makes no sense. After being offered no rationale for they're denial, I have decided to have nothing to do with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bank of America?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

multiple people to meet and interview with. be prepared to give examples of previous management duties. prepare and know your numbers of how you stand. also be prepared for random hiring freezes that will delay the process.

Interview Questions

• please give an example of a time where you had to coach or manage a under performing associate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questions.Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questions.Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questionsBank

Good

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Asked about skills and my background with previous employers. Had me describe what I thought were my strengths and my weaknesses, along with my people skills and what I had learned from previous jobs that changed who I am as a person and how I am as an employee. Dress formal and interview was relatively brief.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

This was an internal promotion. The bank can be slow to respond and make decisions. You typically start with an online assessment then a telephone interview. And finally one or more 1 on 1 interviews.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Did online assessment , a week later received a call from a recruiter . Did a phone interview with the recruiter and then was scheduled to interview with the regional manager. interviewed with two Regional managers and received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary with recruiter