Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wichita Falls, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

emailed assessment first.. if you passed the assessment you were invited to a phone interview. if you advanced beyond the phone interview you were invited for a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What uniquely qualifies you to manage a banking center?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter three months after I applied. The recruiter asked me if I would be available for an interview in a few days. When he called me back he asked me a few simple questions. What's my management style? How do I instill teamwork? How do I motivate my team? Etc...
    Two days later he called me back and wanted me to meet with a manager 2 hours away. That was a second interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, it was 90 minutes. Two mangers asked me everything from my education, to my experience to what I know about Bank of America. I did my research so was well equipped. They told me they would be in touch but it may be a while. 4 days later the recruiter called me back and asked me to go to another interview with another manager. Unbeknown to me it turned out to be more of a meet and greet. The manager asked about my life and tried to get to know me. That same day the recruiter called me back and said she would be in touch with "good news." Two days later she called me back and offered me the job and a pretty fair salary. I accepted and they gave me a start date in a few weeks. After starting the background, I had to do some running around, but it was pretty basic. Then a week before starting they called me and told me I did not pass the background. I asked why and she stated she had no idea. I'm not sure what happened and there is literally nothing negative in my history. No criminal behavior, no financial issues and no terminations of employment. All attempts to find out why they didn't clear me have remained fruitless. Add too that the fact that I have passed multiple security clearances for the military without issue and it simply makes no sense. After being offered no rationale for they're denial, I have decided to have nothing to do with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bank of America?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

multiple people to meet and interview with. be prepared to give examples of previous management duties. prepare and know your numbers of how you stand. also be prepared for random hiring freezes that will delay the process.

Interview Questions

• please give an example of a time where you had to coach or manage a under performing associate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questions.Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questions.Bank of America phone interview, background check, fingerprints check, group interview one one interview banking related questionsBank

Good

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Asked about skills and my background with previous employers. Had me describe what I thought were my strengths and my weaknesses, along with my people skills and what I had learned from previous jobs that changed who I am as a person and how I am as an employee. Dress formal and interview was relatively brief.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Greenville, SC).

Interview

This was an internal promotion. The bank can be slow to respond and make decisions. You typically start with an online assessment then a telephone interview. And finally one or more 1 on 1 interviews.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Everything was good until the in-person interview, which was very unorganized.

I submitted my application, and got responded to 2 weeks later to take an assessment. I took it right away (fill in the bubbles), and 1 week later I got a response to take a 2nd assessment. I took that one right away too, and it was a noticeably more difficult situation/scenario assessment, kind of like a WWYD setting. I got a response about a week later to schedule a call with the recruiter. Got the call, was asked a few questions like "why do you want to work for us", nothing unusual. Then I was scheduled to meet with the Market Manager a week later. The instructions said to take my resume with me and dress in a suit & tie.

I went to the interview the following week, and met with both the Market Manager and a fellow Banking Center Manager. Contrary to the recruiter's instructions, they didn't want my resume due to having printed out papers about me. The BCM thought I was applying for a Personal Banker position, which was why the BCM was there to begin with. Even when that was clarified, the BCM still assisted the Market Manager in the interview process. She should have left the room.

The interview took a good hour, with lots of personal questions and nothing to do with my relevant banking experience. They literally wrote an essay of comments of every answer I made. They wanted to know about my personal life, which is definitely not what I expected. Questions asked were why I chose banking, and what do my parents do. It was very strange.

Two weeks later I got an email saying they denied me the position. 1st, why say to take a resume when they didn't need one? 2nd, why did they not know ahead of time which position I was applying to? 3rd, who gets interviewed by their potential equal/coworker? So much for all of that in-interview writing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is under-performing?   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Did online assessment , a week later received a call from a recruiter . Did a phone interview with the recruiter and then was scheduled to interview with the regional manager. interviewed with two Regional managers and received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to negotiate salary with recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Passed an initial assessment. No phone interview. Got a personal interview about a week later with the recruiter and market manager. The recruiter is a tool. Interviewed with 2 other candidates, then we each had a 1 on 1 with the market manager. No offer.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Buffalo, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Got hired initially with two phone interviews. Focused mainly on sales process/philosophy. Focus on pragmatic solutions and conflict resolution. Emphasize multi-tasking and trouble-shooting, understanding reports and coaching philosophy; how to motivate employees.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a conflict with a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more; they declined but it affected my first raise.