Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on line and did the online assessment, then contacted me by HR within 3 days, I've passed the phone screening and assigned for face to face interview with branch manager, I did the interview it was very typical ... They told me will be back to me within 2 weeks ... It been month and I didn't hear from them !?!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected ... Talk about your self , sales skills and customer relation questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

After applying online I was immediately contacted via e-mail to take an assessment. The assessment was a basic personality test. Shortly after the assessment I was contacted via telephone by a recruiter and asked to take a second assessment and was told that I would be moved onto a phone interview following completion and a passing score. The Assessment consists of managerial situations and asks you to answer certain scenarios with how you would handle the situation at hand. Within one day I received a phone call for a phone interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. It was a basic walk through of my resume and a learning session on Bank of America's values. Did not hear anything back. DON'T GIVE UP E-MAIL THE RECRUITER!!! 1 week after not receiving a call I e-mailed the recruiter to reaffirm my interest in the position. I was called within 3 hours and was asked to interview with the Consumer Market Manager. In person interview lasted approx. 90 minutes. Was assured that I would received a phone call after the interview. Recruiter contacted me immediately after to verify my background check information (ASI) and to have me interview one more time. Had the final interview the following day. Took 1 week to receive a call with an offer from the company. Offer is contingent on a criminal background check. NOTE: The recruiter will go over your ASI with you - DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES. If you hide employment/education history they will find out and it will lengthen the entire process. In a company as competitive as BOFA I would be VERY proactive in following up with every person you interview with.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being given a branch that is underperforming?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

multiple people to meet and interview with. be prepared to give examples of previous management duties. prepare and know your numbers of how you stand. also be prepared for random hiring freezes that will delay the process.

Interview Questions

• please give an example of a time where you had to coach or manage a under performing associate   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wichita Falls, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

emailed assessment first.. if you passed the assessment you were invited to a phone interview. if you advanced beyond the phone interview you were invited for a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What uniquely qualifies you to manage a banking center?   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Had my call with HR and set and interview with the regional team (3 market managers). Offered a job within two weeks and went through the manager training program.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online assessment was the first step, followed by an in person meeting with the area executive.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Interview

Very long interview process, one phone interview and two follow up interviews. Discussed previous work experiences, interviewed with four different high ranking individuals in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Applied for this position online at Bankofamerica.com/careers. Was contacted within a few days for a phone screen. Post phone screen I had an additional phone interview to do a coaching role play with the recruiter. The in person interview was a split panel interview where I was interviewed by SVP and VP level executives of the Market I applied for, the total interview time for the panel was close to three hours.

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions I was unprepared for or that came as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary, benefits and officer title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uvalde, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Uvalde, TX).

Interview

HR Recruiter sent email to complete assessment. Within 24 hours, recruiter called to be sure I received assessment and to complete ASAP. I completed it within 24hrs and she called me the next day and told me their was another one to complete which was interactive based upon real scenarios of the banking position. She said I would have to pass assessment as well to move on to the next step. I passed both and I received an telephone call from recruiter to schedule an phone interview the next day. She said she wanted to schedule second interviews within 48 hours. I interviewed with her and she asked me behavioral questions. She told me she wanted to schedule me for an interview with the bank director. She told me a 2pm slot was available on Wednesday. I took this slot. She said she would get back with me either way to give me feedback after the interview. The interview was going well I thought, but I think he was disturbed because I pointed out a techinque that was not being used in making the branch more profitable. I believe he was offended by it. I asked him when he was making a decision. He said after the holidays. The recruiter called me a hour later and left a message that she wanted my feedback on the interview. I called and she did not answer and I left a message which she never returned. She never called me to give me the feedback two days later as well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to turn around the sales team to make the branch more profitable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online through the BofA careers site.

About a week later I received a system-generated email with a link to a personality test. I followed the link and took the test. I have taken these types of tests before and they say to always just be honest. They really can tell if you are not being truthful. I answered honestly and apparently passed, as I received an email the same day with a link to an online Management Assessment.

The online management assessment test was pretty straightforward. They give you scenarios where you have to deal with employees not getting along or not meeting quotas. You have 5 multiple choice options for each scenario. You pick what you believe is the best and what you believe is the worst option for each. The scenario continues on based on your response for about 5 questions (kind of like a 'choose your own adventure' book). There are about 5 of these scenarios, so probably around 25 total questions. Again, I think I did well because I received a call from a recruiter that same day. (This was my first human contact with them)

The recruiter invited me to come to an in-person hiring event. The event took place at the 2nd floor of one of their branch offices. It was scheduled to start at 10 am, but they did not begin letting us in until around 10:15. Most of us had arrived a few minutes early, so we were left waiting outside in the cold for about 30 minutes. There was no coffee or water offered.

There were too many people crammed into the little room, as they were hiring for all positions, from teller to sales to management here. They were signing in everybody and reviewing qualifications as we entered, so it took about 25 minutes just to get us all in the room. When we finally got started they spent 15-20 minutes going over basic information that is readily available on the BofA careers site that any prospective employee should already be aware of. They then spit us into separate rooms, based on which jobs we were applying for.

Our room for management applicants contained 7 applicants and 2 local area branch managers to conduct a group interview. 4 of the 7 applicants already worked for the company. They did not ask us any questions, but just asked us to get up in front the group and tell them about ourselves and our experience. There was no prep time given. I went first and gave a summary of my work history, followed by all of the other candidates. The 4 that were already with BofA continually name-dropped various managers in the region and people that the interviewers knew. After we all spoke they gave us a 15 minute break. When we returned they stated which 4 people would be staying. To none of our surprise, the 4 people already with the company were the 4 asked to stay and continue.

In speaking with the others as we left, we all felt that we never really had a chance, considering that the 4 internal hires were already recommended by various branch managers in the region. This was a complete waste of time. I don't have an issue with an initial group interview, but this was handled poorly. Including internal candidates with outside candidates in this scenario makes no sense.

All-in-all a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• No real questions. Just 5 minutes of time to stand in front of a group and speak about ourselves and our experience.   Answer Question