Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and went through two quick phone interviews. One week later I was asked to take a personality test. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment test. Then I was asked to provide information for a background check. THEN (one week later) I was set up with a 1 on 1 interview. The interview/test/background check process took quite a long time. I was looking for other jobs at the same time and the interviewer asked me about that. I waited on B of A for 4 1/2 weeks...of course I am going to pursue other options!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

They called and I came for job interview. They asked many questions and I answered honestly.

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Passaic, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

The first interview was a screening interview that I had with a market manager. This led to a call from a recruiter who set up a interview with a Market Executive. I was given a role play exercise where I played the part of a manager and was to have a disicussion with an employee. There was an observer and a current BOA manager that played the role of employee. After this there was feed back and discussion followed by an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Spokane, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview with recruiter - Interview with Market and Area manager

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to demonstrate your coaching ability   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said what I wanted and they agreed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

The initial contact came with a posting for the position. I applied and had to wait 3 weeks for any type of response. Then I received a call from an HR recruiter and went through a phone screening. He stated he would get back to me in a week.

Then he called me back a week later and stated that he was sending me a email that needed to be completed for the background check and I had to fax a signed release form to B of A Corp. Security department. He sent an addition link to a Personality Test. It had approx 220 question which had to be answered in 30-45 min.

I had completed the same procedures last year in Sept 2008 when I had applied for a similiar position. The position at that time was closed out due to the economic climate at the time. I asked if I had to complete it again and was told yes. So I completed it all over again.

Once this was complete I was called in to meet with the HR recruiiter and complete a roleplay scenario which took approx 30 min. This role play was centered around an coaching a nonperforming employee. During this roleplay a Market Leader called into the HR and listened in on the roleplay. I assume to provide feedback to HR. I was told they had other candidates that needed to be reviewed and that they would contact me.

They called 2 days later and was scheduled to meet with the market executive for an inperson interview. I went to the interview and it was a panel interview. They asked about my resume and experiences. Specific questions were "Tell us about yourself?" "What type of leader are you?" "What get you up in the morning?" What is your typical day like?". Then I was asked to roleplay again. Again it was about a nonperforming employee scenario who was not making their sales goals for the month. (It seems to me that they must have a lot of nonperforming employees or the goals are set so high that not many employees achieve them). They then asked if I was a fluent Spanish speaker and when I responded that I am not fluent in Spanish but that I knew enough to keep employees and customers in line.(the position did not require Spanish) The interview pretty much ended. The asked me if i had any questions and I responded "no" as they had already been answered. They thanked me for my time.

I did not hear anything for a week so I contact the HR rep. He got back to me 5 day after that to tell me that the position had been filled with an internal candidate. (It seemed to me that it was a waste of time for all if they already had an internal candidate.)

Interview Questions

• What was my typical day like working for my past employer?   1 Answer
    • Was I fluent in Spanish?   1 Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, online tests, followed by an in person interview with CME. They are big on role playing during the interview and if you are a spontaneous person you will have a good interview. A lot of situational scenarios role play. People skills ect.

Interview Questions

• It was not a behavior interview. The interviewer asks you to role play with them and provides different and rather vague situation scenarios. i.e. to motivate a difficult yet a high performing banker who had no sales for the past few days who however has made all their goals in the past.   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online process, recruiter calls for a phone interview and then interview with immediate manager and others on leadership team

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

Interview

Bank of America has a long interview process that was extremely tedious and not very pleasant as a candidate. The process consisted of two online assessments (personality test and situational coaching skills), a telephone interview with the area recruiter, a panel interview with two Banking Center Managers, and a final interview with the District Manager. Everyone I encountered seemed pleasant and professional, with the exception of the District Manager who made a cutting comment about an industry competitor (I never view this as professional behavior) and described her team as "cult-like" in their devotion to Bank of America, which was a bit off-putting. Their culture is clearly sales focused, but seems less strategic and entrepreneurial than other organizations. Interview questions were mostly focused on how to coach underperforming employees and document performance issues. I did sense that customer satisfaction holds high importance and that the Banking Center Managers have high accountability for sales and service performance.

The process was long (6+ weeks) and they complete background screening (credit, criminal, employment, and educations checks) prior to the in-person interviews, not as part of a pre-employment offer, which I found to be a little invasive and odd. Prior to receiving notification that I was not selected for the role, I had already concluded that this would not be a good fit for me. After investing so much time on assessment and interviews (5 hours total) it would have been nice to receive a personal call or feedback from the recruiter (which he had promised), but I find that most recruiters fail to follow-up and I generally have lowered expectations based on my experiences.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then online assessment. Next was an in person interview with two region VPs. After that I was interviewed on the phone by the Regional President. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, upbeat, and upfront. Each interview I asked the question, "do you think I am the type of person you are looking for for the position?" and everyone responded "Yes!" and laid out the next steps. I always knew what was coming next and what the time frame was. Again, the whole process was professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter told me what the salary base range was (not a big spread) and they offered me just shy of the top, so I didn't need to negotiate.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I had a phone interview on 7/6 with HR VP that went very well. We talked for an Hour, about the position, my experience relative to the position, salary, and other personal information. Since, I have received numerous email communication from the HR VP, even on Sunday. Overall, I fell the interview was quite encouraging and I look forward to speaking with the hiring manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It went great. I am a seasoned manager at another financial institution and I felt very comfortable with questions asked of me.   Answer Question