Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I had a phone interview on 7/6 with HR VP that went very well. We talked for an Hour, about the position, my experience relative to the position, salary, and other personal information. Since, I have received numerous email communication from the HR VP, even on Sunday. Overall, I fell the interview was quite encouraging and I look forward to speaking with the hiring manager tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• It went great. I am a seasoned manager at another financial institution and I felt very comfortable with questions asked of me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview

The initial interaction with the recruiter was by phone, she was very clear regarding the process which was great, as there were then no surprises or anxiety on my part. She kept to her timelines regarding the next steps which included an assessment and background check. the background check was done prior to interviewing with one of the hiring managers, which was great as that was out of the way in advance. I met with two different people, both of whom were exceptional in their manner, courteous and easy to speak to which made the process less stressful and increased my desire to work for the company. Additionally, the recruiter showed genuine interest in my view of the interview overall and asked for immediate feedback which I was happy to give. I was offered the position within a week of the 2nd interview.
    As a potential manager candidate it is a good idea to know the main values of the company, know the demographic area and be primarily interested in developing and coaching employees to success. The company values its employees and it was clear in speaking with all of those involved in the hiring process that they enjoy working for BofA and are proud to call it their place of employment.

Interview Questions

• Haven't I been told in the past that I am over qualified for positions, how do I feel about it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$70,000 with a VP title. The recruiter was willing to ask for a higher salary than what is normally offered for that position because I was able to give references and had documented proof of previous success in the role.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

Interview

interactive computer based situational assessment with 6 answers. You chose the best and worse answer for each scenario; situation: you overheard a personal banker giving the wrong information to a client and you stepped in explaining to the client that we did indeed have the particular product that the client was looking or the PB was upset for making them look foolish. situation: based on time off policy and an employee forgot to ask for the time off in advance, another PB already had requested the same day off two weeks earlier and you would be without a PB for the day. The employee that forgot to ask for the time off in advance is requesting the time off based on a religious holiday for his faith.

Interview Questions

• situational: employee giving out wrong information to the customer   Answer Question
    • situational: employee did not follow the time off policy and is requesting time off at the last minute based on religious holiday   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2011.

Interview

Did assessment test and did great. Phone interviewed went well and she said I did great. A month later got email that there were other more qualified. I have 20 years experience as a finance manager

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for this company   1 Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America in November 2010.

Interview

they ask me my previous internship experience in the other bank, and also some behavioral questions.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview

1st -Screening phone interview
    2nd- Online skills assessment test
    3rd - 1 hour phone interview with HR recruiter
    4th - Online Coaching skills assessment test
    HR (same person) called me back and said that I am not a right fit for the Branch Manager position. I have 20 years experience in banking and 5 years experience in management.
    Then the HR person told me Do you like to take the Teller supervisor position?

Interview Questions

• How do you cross train employees?   1 Answer
    • How do you work as a team?   1 Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview

my interview was a pretty quick process...I noticed a position that opened up in my market so I voiced my interest to my BCM...then I let my CMM and CME know that I would like to apply for the position...they wanted me to 'test drive" the branch, which makes sense, so I can get a better understanding of what I am going into before actually taking it over...went there for 1 day...CME came to the branch and offered me the position 5 days later...recruiter called next day with offer

Interview Questions

• didn't really get an interview question as I was offered the position before the recruiter called   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't really negotiate the offer...thought the increase was reasonable

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview

There was a great interview process

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview

First you apply online. If you meet the qualifications you are given an online test of your "leadership skills". If you pass that, you have a short (20 min or so) interview on the phone with the recruiter. Then you take another online test which consists of 5 scenarios (employee counselling). Flunk anything and you're out. Make it that far, and you get interviewed by the regional manager and then the decision is made/.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

Interview

Your not sure what they want from you or how to go about answering some of the questions they ask.