Bank of America Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

I was told by the recruiter, Randstad, that this was a Business Analyst role requiring previous reporting experience, and good Excel and PowerPoint skills. I went to a conference room and started the interview with the team leader and 3 team members. They used the phrase "this is a young team" approx. 3 times. It was clear I was older than any of them. They ended the interview questioning me and listening to my responses while all 4 of them worked on their laptops. I have worked with and interviewed with several multinational banks, in Charlotte, and NYC. This interview confirmed everything I have been told and inferred about the Bank of America corporate culture. (See below) Ironically, the reason I kept it together and finished the interview gracefully was the fact that I was older and more experienced than anyone in that room. Not one of them could have handled that situation with the grace and aplomb I displayed. Clearly, grace and aplomb were not job requirements at Bank of America.

Interview Questions

• After running through fairly standard interview questions, the team leader said "We eat, breathe and sleep Excel. Here's a 4 page test we give all of the candidates we interview." This was 4 pages on paper, without access to Excel. It involved interpreting formulas almost the width of the page, and writing formulas off the top of my head. I was not prepared for this by the recruiter, Randstad, whatsoever. This expert level of Excel did not appear anywhere in the job description I was shown. For the first time, I considered getting up and walking out of the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

I got an email for a phone interview and then got emailed a week later saying i did not get a second interview. Everyone was very nice but nothing was said as to why I did not get a 2nd interview, all the people on the phone talked so positive too as if you were getting the job.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Simi Valley, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. I had a very short phone interview after that. They asked about my experience and job expectations.

Interview Questions

• Job experience and my values.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not compromise on your salary expectations. My experience and others have been that the recruiters lie about the top end of the pay scale for the given job title.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

It was a corp to corp. Received the interview call from a senior BA from the project who asked generic questions about Business Analysis and my past experiences, About interaction and influencing business stakeholders. 2nd interview call was from the product tech manager who asked my about tools used and tasks performed in previous job.

Interview Questions

• Situation handling where business partner needs is difficult and needs something which is not feasible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do you homework about the role you are applying for. Be frank about your areas of specialization. It is not always possible for an individual to know everything. Make sure, what you know, no one knows better. Try to drive the interview smartly instead of being driven.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I had my last interview on February 2011. This was with the functional manager; so I thought I was for sure getting the job. It was my 3rd interview and they actually flew me in from California to Chicago to meet this person. Interviewer was going through my resume, basically to figure out where I would fit in the team. The interview seemed pretty well; until I never heard back from them. I tried following up 2 weeks later; and they told me that everything had gone great. Except they had a HIRING FREEZE. Is this the new: "we'll call you", don't call us" strategy? Anyway, I kept checking back; because thats' what they instructed me to do. to keep checking back every 2 weeks. Last time I checked back; and sort of also asked if I should give up; was in MAY 2011. I can't believe they wouldn't just say: forget it; we have another candidate. Stringing me along all this time. I could have been researching and interviewing somewhere else. I was pretty upset to find out I wasn't going to be hired 5 months after my firsts interview. No real follow up or professional attitude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have dealt with a problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Wilmington, DE) in October 2010.

Interview

1 round of phone interview, and one round of panel discussion. the managers are very nice

Negotiation

smooth

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. Bank of America embodies a very friendly yet professional atmosphere and you can see that from all employees. I was glad that the actual practioners in the division I applied for interviewed me rather than some HR person. Asked why I was interested in BoA and why the division.
    One MBA recent hire and one my school alum interviewers. Very communicative and all behavior questions. Received an offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you managed multiple responsibilities   Answer Question
    • When was the most challenging time in your life and how did you cope or overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview both technical and behavioral.
    1:1 - 3 interviews back to back with different managers, technical and behavioral

Interview Questions

• If Microsoft, Google, Facebook and BOA offered you a job, who would you prefer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be honest and open.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Nice people giving questions, seems easy. And they give a really positive response. But at the end they didnt contact me.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The things went good in the first round and then in written exam. it was really quick process for me and people joined with me there.