Bank of America Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. Interview consisted of two rounds -- a 30-minute technical phone screen and an hour long in-person technical interview.

The phone screen was pretty basic and it was to filter out candidates based on their knowledge of fundamentals/concepts. It was with one of the Lead Developers and mainly focused on HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The in-person interview was scheduled for next week. It was a panel of four -- 3 Lead Developers and the Team Lead. Started off with the introduction of the panel and was asked to provide a quick background about my current role and experience. And right away, we moved on to white boarding. I was asked to write code on the white board for 6 - 8 different questions and it lasted for 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes included behavioral questions and in the end I was given some time to ask the panel any questions.

Overall, the interview itself was great. The interviewers were quite nice and casual, they helped me keep my cool.

Two days later, I was informed that they really liked me and wanted to hire me full-time. Unfortunately, they could not extend an offer since I'm on a work visa (which they already knew, so I thought it was a bit unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen

HTML:
      1. What is semantic HTML? Who is it for?
      2. What are data attributes? What are they used for?

CSS:
      1. Explain CSS box model
      2. What is box-sizing property? Explain its values and the resulting behavior.
      3. What is specificity? How do you achieve it?
      4. What is cascading in CSS?

javascript
      1. Difference between =, == and ===
      2. What are bind, call and apply methods for? Explain the difference.
      3. What is event bubbling?
      4. What is event delegation?

Other:
      1. What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
      2. Something that you learnt in the past week?
      3. How do you keep up with new technologies and trends?
      Answer Question
    • Round 2: In-person

White boarding:
      1. Write the code to achieve the following:

let myStr = "hello world!";
      // your code here
      console.log(myStr); // !dlrow olleh

2. What is the output? Why?

console.log(“one”);
      SetTimeout(function(){
          console.log(“two”);
      }, 0);
      console.log(“three”);

3. For a given number ("n"), write a function that loops from 1 to "n" and outputs "Fizz" if the number is divisible by 3, "Buzz" if it is divisible by 5, "FizzBuzz" if it is divisible by both 3 & 5, and the number itself otherwise

4. What is the output? How to fix it?

console.log(“start”);
      for(var i=0;i<5;i++){
          setTimeout[function(){
              console.log(i);
          },0);
      }
      console.log(“end”);

5. For a given array ([8, 7, 5, 3, 3, 0, 9, 1]), do the following: (must use ES6 Array methods)
      i) Sort in ascending order
      ii) Remove duplicates
      iii) Find numbers greater than a particular number (for ex: greater than 3)
      Answer Question

Sr Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fast and complete. Phone interview on first day of the process, face to face the next day and an offer on the 3rd day. The interviewers wanted to see intent on working for Bank of America and how well you would fit in the culture of their teams and the bank.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in 2 days. This is initial phone screening for a lead role.
    Since it was through recruiter, the feedback was quick.
    There were 4 people interviewing.

Corporate Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy 30 minute behavioral interview with two different people. Super relaxed and non pressure environment. I wouldn't worry about any technical questions and its around 4-5 behavioral questions that are expected.

Global Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Both interviews were Relaxed. 30-minute phone interview followed by a super day with three thirty minute behavioral interviews at bank of america headquarters. Interviewers were nice and easy to talk to. They asked about internship experiences and discussed the resume. You could do homework when you weren't interviewing.They asked about experiences with problem solving.

Technology Developer and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, it took a few weeks to hear anything from them. Got a first round phone interview, talked to one of the team leads in Portland for 30 min. He was very open about his experience with Bank of America, really enjoyed speaking with him. Again, it took a few weeks to hear back from them after this phone screen. Got a final round "virtual" interview. Didn't get flown out anywhere but instead had 2 more 30-min phone interviews back-to-back with members from different teams. Only took a few days to hear back about the offer. Very non-technical, the only real coding question I was asked was a very basic question about for-loops during my first-round phone screen. In the final round interviews, they mostly asked me about my past experience and projects to see if I was a good fit for either of their teams.

Global Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview and then a superday at the Charlotte office with 80 other potential interns. Then around 30 people get the offer. For the superday there are 3 interviews. Dinner reception the day before where you get to meet the employees and learn more about Bank of America. Great experience and loved the people I've met there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to help a colleague grow professionally   Answer Question

Global Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a recommendation from a current employee. I visited their booth at the career fair and I was immediately offered an interview spot for the following day. The first round of interviews were very easy and were all behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I was invited to visit Charlotte with a variety of other applicants from several schools. They flew us out, put us up in hotel rooms, and gave us a spending stipend - the entire process was run very smoothly. It was a two-day event, the first being a social between recruiters, past interns, and prospective interns with light appetizers and a bar. The following morning, there was breakfast provided and each candidate had three interviews of 30 minutes with three separate recruiters. The questions were very similar to those asked during the first round and were all behavioral based.

Applied Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a smooth interview. About 15 minutes before the interview, I met with someone who presented me with a case study and some questions they wanted me to present on during the interview. It was a situation that was meant to display traits like: leadership, problem solving, team work, independent thought. They asked a great deal of behavioral questions and a very small amount of technical questions. I have not gotten an offer yet because those decisions will not be made until the middle of November.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part about learning a new coding language?   Answer Question
    • Would you say that coding is mostly a self taught subject?   Answer Question
    • Name three traits that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Bank of America?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

First initial phone interview which was very easy then the final interview with two current employees. The first one was harder and I didn't do well. The second interview was weird. He spent about 25 minutes out of 30 minutes to explain the job and company. The only question I was asked was if I was interested. So I don't know how the decision was made.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions like difference between for and while loop, How to get integer from a string.   Answer Question