Bank of America Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.9

284 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Got moved on to the super day in Charlotte, NC. Paid for everything. Superday was 2 30 minute behavioral, easy. Then a 30 minute case study about the process of a check. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you had to deal with a problem.   Answer Question

Applied Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Before the interview they present you with a case study. I was asked to draw on a white board my thought process. A lot of behavioral questions and they want to know what you want to do for them. Three person panel.

Global Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for one of the pre-internship programs in May 2017 and got an automatic final round interview for the Global Technology Summer Analyst summer 2018 internship. I was invited to Charlotte for a 2-day event. The first night was a networking reception where you got to talk to the other applicants and employees, and the second day consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and one group interview - this was just building a bridge out of newspaper.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Great, 70 personality 30 technical..I.t manager is phanominal.great personality but dont mistake it for,golibality she knows her stuff and is all about work.
       Be your self, be confident, be assertive. Do,t worry if u don't know,it, have integrity and show that you want to learn and have the need to know more also show great passion for,your,job.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interview, 1 onsite. Hiring manager is nice. 30 minutes meet with each team members. HR asked for salary expectation, then offer. HR tried to gave low ball offer first. Negotiated twice.

Interview Questions

• what if you don't agree with your boss?   1 Answer

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process highly depends on the team/function you apply for, although the titles are quite similar. I had 2 phone screening and 1 onsite interview. And I had lunch with the team lead. The onsite had 2 technical interviews, each for 1 hour. Then I talked with two managers, each for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between union and union all? Which is faster, sas proc sql or sas data step? How to address multicollinearity? How to check fitting of logistic regression and linear regression?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

1st interview with Recruitment team by phone, completed personality test, then face to face with Manager, fingerprint and background only took a short time to complete. Nothing much more than a regular process, no drug test was required.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really well coordinated and the interviewers were really cool. They took two rounds.
    1) Telephonic: Two managers asked some technical and behavioral questions
    2) On-site : More technical questions and resume based questions

Interview Questions

• General SQL questions and some SAS basics. I was also asked about the data analysis and data processing.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Excellent, they told the truth! The interviews were very comprehensive and with 3 Senior managers and 2 people in the same or similar role. The process was tough, but that is a good thing.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for a fast pace job? Do you like working in an environment with continuous change?   1 Answer

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. Interview consisted of two rounds -- a 30-minute technical phone screen and an hour long in-person technical interview.

The phone screen was pretty basic and it was to filter out candidates based on their knowledge of fundamentals/concepts. It was with one of the Lead Developers and mainly focused on HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The in-person interview was scheduled for next week. It was a panel of four -- 3 Lead Developers and the Team Lead. Started off with the introduction of the panel and was asked to provide a quick background about my current role and experience. And right away, we moved on to white boarding. I was asked to write code on the white board for 6 - 8 different questions and it lasted for 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes included behavioral questions and in the end I was given some time to ask the panel any questions.

Overall, the interview itself was great. The interviewers were quite nice and casual, they helped me keep my cool.

Two days later, I was informed that they really liked me and wanted to hire me full-time. Unfortunately, they could not extend an offer since I'm on a work visa (which they already knew, so I thought it was a bit unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Phone screen

HTML:
      1. What is semantic HTML? Who is it for?
      2. What are data attributes? What are they used for?

CSS:
      1. Explain CSS box model
      2. What is box-sizing property? Explain its values and the resulting behavior.
      3. What is specificity? How do you achieve it?
      4. What is cascading in CSS?

javascript
      1. Difference between =, == and ===
      2. What are bind, call and apply methods for? Explain the difference.
      3. What is event bubbling?
      4. What is event delegation?

Other:
      1. What is accessibility? How do you achieve it?
      2. Something that you learnt in the past week?
      3. How do you keep up with new technologies and trends?   1 Answer
    • Round 2: In-person

White boarding:
      1. Write the code to achieve the following:

let myStr = "hello world!";
      // your code here
      console.log(myStr); // !dlrow olleh

2. What is the output? Why?

console.log(“one”);
      SetTimeout(function(){
          console.log(“two”);
      }, 0);
      console.log(“three”);

3. For a given number ("n"), write a function that loops from 1 to "n" and outputs "Fizz" if the number is divisible by 3, "Buzz" if it is divisible by 5, "FizzBuzz" if it is divisible by both 3 & 5, and the number itself otherwise

4. What is the output? How to fix it?

console.log(“start”);
      for(var i=0;i<5;i++){
          setTimeout[function(){
              console.log(i);
          },0);
      }
      console.log(“end”);

5. For a given array ([8, 7, 5, 3, 3, 0, 9, 1]), do the following: (must use ES6 Array methods)
      i) Sort in ascending order
      ii) Remove duplicates
      iii) Find numbers greater than a particular number (for ex: greater than 3)   1 Answer