Bank of America Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Global Banking & Markets: Wholesale Credit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round was on campus. I did really well and got invited to the super day in Chicago. I worked really hard to prepare for the super day. There were 2 half hour interviews at the Super Day. In the first one, they grilled me on why I was interested in the position (asking it about 3 times in different ways). They seemed confused as to why an engineer would want this job. I thanked my interviewers and NONE of them responded. I asked the coordinator where to submit my receipts and she never responded... Never heard back about an offer. Pretty disappointing after investing so much time.

Interview Questions

• Free cash flow, how to figure out why profits have dropped, lots of brainteasers, why this position, how to protect against the increasing price of steel   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Assessment sent via email to complete within 72 hours. Have a short conversation following assessment with recruiter. The recruiter sets you up with a manager at a branch to have a 30 minute phone conversation. After my call with the manager I was given the offer. Behavioral and sales situational questions - overall decently straight forward. Know the job description and why Bank of America and have clear and concise questions to ask because the beginning of the interview is self-led with your questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you persuading someone to buy something they didn't need?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle large sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Already in the firm so it was very simple and easy. The sales manager was very friendly and to the point . Very supportive and easy to converse . It seemed more like a conversation with the manager .

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an upset client & how you dealt with it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail to take an assessment test. Passed the test and was sent an e-mail to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter about a week later after completing the assessment test. Had the interview with the recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. Was told she would be sending my information to a hiring manager. 1 1/2 months later was scheduled an interview with a hiring manager. Had the interview and was called that same exact day of the interview with an offer. I believed I wasn't considered for the position because the recruiter took a while to contact me for a face to face interview but after that I was hired the same day. I do not start until a month from now but overall the process was smooth just a lot of waiting.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview with the recruiter were based on behavioral questions focused on sales and customer service.
      The 1:1 interview with the hiring manager was more of a conversational interview revolving some of the following:
      Why Bank of America?
      Describe your sales process.
      How did you balance school and work?
      What is something that you learned in your current job?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. The pay is more than my current position.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. Scheduled a phone interview and was asked to take a Fiat Assessment test. Past the test and scheduled an in person interview with market president and svp of treasury risk. Scheduled a second call with a svp client manager and was selected to the first Chicago selection forum. BOA chose 24 finalists for 11 markets. We were asked to put together a business plan for the final rounds. We had a interview session with 2 executives, a case study session with 2 executives, and business plan presentation with 2 executives. After two weeks my recruiter called back to give offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your sales process and what tools have you created to help generate custom solutions?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, non-technical
    2 In-Person Interviews, first was about 3 hrs, second was about 3 hrs 30. Mix of technical.

Technical questions weren't difficult. Everyone was friendly and polite.
    Mostly went through experience on resume and some behavioral questions.

I knew I was competing with another candidate and ultimately I figured he expressed greater interest in the job than I did since I had good, but different technical experience not relevant to finance.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an elevator.
      Search for dict value in sorted array.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Three technical managers firstly ask the projects and courses, what methods I used and ask related questions, then ask coding questions on data structures, and show them the results on the board, after this, they gave me a paper to finish three coding questions, finally, another manger came in to ask for the algorithm questions.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Mundelein, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I got a call the next business day after I put my application in. Phone screening took about 15 to 20 mins. Next step was to set up an interview. Arrived 30mins early, interview was about 20 to 30mins. Typical questions about work experience and events that can happen. Next step was an education and employment background check. From there a finger printing to check criminal background and then the start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offer a competitive hourly rate for tellers. Higher then I've ever received.

Leasing Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in February and received a call from HR about a week later to set up an interview. About a week later I interviewed with 3 people and then had another interview with the HR rep for that department. There wasn't really any formal questions just discussed my resume and job responsibilities. I was told a decision would be made around April. I didn't heare anything back until May saying I didn't get the initial job but they requested for me to come back in to interview for an additionalike position that had been added to the team. This time I met with 6 people must of which I had already met during my first interview. Again we went over my resume and had causal conversation. I was offered the job formally a week later ... my first day is June 1

Interview Questions

• We just went over my resume and experience. No formal questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 3k over what I wanted so I didn't negotiate

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I came in not totally sure what I was hiring for the description was very . the job descripion was vague and the people interviewing me we professional but vague.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a stressful situation with a client   1 Answer