Bank of America Client Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Client Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

I arrived and sat in the lobby for seven minutes before someone came over to assist me. Then I was told the branch manager was out sick. The operations manager apologized profusely and jumped into an impromptu interview which I rather enjoyed. A relationship manager came over and joined us. They were both friendly and professional. (Later the recruiter said the branch manager--sorry, financial center manager-- had been called out on an emergency.) I expected the FCM to contact me to reschedule after the "emergency", but he never did. However, I was surprised to receive a call from the recruiter with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• I haven't seen your resume. Did you happen to bring any copies with you?   1 Answer
  • Why are you interested in banking? Why are you interested in being a client service representative?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

not to long was informative , gave you a run down ,first was a group interview from their it moved on to a one on two interview they gave you scenarios

Interview Questions

• give brief description of situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received a short phone interview. The recruiter invited me for an in-person interview. When I first arrived a staff member/manager gave a group of us interviewees (made up of 15 people) a presentation about the company, work environment, expectations, benefits offered etc. Afterwards, about 6 different hiring managers/team leads took a different interviewee from the conference room to another interviewing room.

The two hiring mangers that conducted my interview, first asked me to go over my resume and afterwards asked about 8 behavioral based interview questions. They read the interview questions off of an interview packet they had and wrote down the answers in it. The two managers/team leads that interviewed me seemed nice, but they also appeared to be amateur interviewers as they appeared to be slightly nervous and overall awkward. When it was my turn to ask questions they were unable to fully answer any of them coherently.
    Once the interview was over they said that they needed to step outside the office door to make their final decision. However, after a couple of minutes they came back in the office and said that I would hear back from the recruiter later that week..

Later that day I received an email from recruited stating that unfortunately I did not get the job.
    I believe the hiring managers/team leads that interviewed me may have been intimated by my education and previous work experience. If you have a bachelors or above don't bother applying for this position because they prefer individuals with just high school diploma/G.E.D. that won't "threaten" their position.

I had other interviews lined up during that day with different companies so it all worked out for the best!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Decatur, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was pushed to the next level of being given the evaluation 9 days ago, but haven't heard back yet. I check my application status regularly and it simply says "In Progress". I'm staying patient and hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• The evaluation asked questions true to the job, customer service, banking advice etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

Where smooth, one interview by phone, next week interview in branch. All process with background checks, etc. took almost 1 month. No tricky questions. 1:1 interview with the hiring manager in branch.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2018.

Interview

It starts off with you and a group of other interviewees going into a conference room, meeting each other and having the roll explained, this takes about 10-15 minutes. After, you get your assigned supervisor/manager and you have your one on on portion of the interview. They stressed their need to get to know you through your answers to the questions, so don’t be vague. Use actual experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter about a week later. The recruiter asked some basic questions like my availability. I was then invited to an in-person interview with the manager of the financial center I would be working in. The manager was very pleasant and offered me the position later that day by phone.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After online application, HR reached out to set up an interview in one week. They provided good time guideline of interview and job application process. And, HR was very good at follow-ups. It was very easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2018.

Interview

I initially applied online. After submitting my application, I received an assessment. The assessment test was straight forward. After taking the assessment I was emailed, approximately 2 days later from a recruiter. I had a mini questionnaire and she scheduled me a phone interview. The phone interview was mediocre. She wasn't very personable but I was scheduled an interview. My interview was scheduled approximately a week later. The interview process was as followed: I arrived about 20 minutes before, checked in with security and waited. A team manager came and took us, there was 6 candidates (including myself) to a room, where he gave us a briefing and ask for individual introductions. Afterwards, we branched off with a team manger, individually to interview one-on-one. The interview was fairly "dry ". The individual that interviewed me was nice but......anyways, I was asked 4 questions and was asked to answer in a situational form. Questions was easy to answer but make sure you're as detailed as possible. Afterwards, I was told the recruiter will contact me and let me know, rather I will be offered the position or not.

Interview Questions

• How did deal with difficult customer?
      How did you deal with a situation where you morally felt one way but company policy stated otherwise
      How did you deal with a change in systems, process, etc.
      I forgot the other Question....lol
      MAKE SURE YOU ARE DETAILED   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seffner, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Expect to be there around 2-3hrs . You talk with an HR Man gives you a brief overview of the job. Then managers call you one by one to interview. If you don’t interview with a 2nd person then you might not have the job . After the 1st interview the manager will u kno if you are going to go forward

Interview Questions

• What is something you don’t like about your current job ??   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you did something outside of your job duties   Answer Question