Bank of America Collector Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Collector Interview Questions

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Greensboro, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

interview took about 2 minutes. was told i got the position at the end of the interview by the manager and then hours later the manager changed his mind will never apply for a position again with the company.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your work history? if offered the job why would you not accept it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2016.

Interview

Applied, then the next day got an email to do an assessment, did that then 2 days later got another email from HR rep want to do an interview, that last about 20 mins, she went into details aboutnposition and asked a few questions, was scheduled for a 1x1 interview the following week, spoke with the hiring manager and the the unit manger

Interview Questions

• most behavioral question and you do a mock call wih the unit manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt negotate because of the shift differential

Collector Interview

Interview

Basic personality questions. Interviewed by 2 managers at same time. They are looking for someone with previous customer service experience.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Pretty straight forward . They want to know you can deal with irate customers

Interview Questions

• They make you act line you're taking a call to see what you would sound like   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

Applied online no referral, was contacted 2 weeks later to complete online assessment, passed assessment, was then contacted to send updated resume for phone interview, was contacted for phone interview on a Sunday which was unheard of, interviewed next day received offer then started work 2 weeks later. Interview process took 1 week.

Interview Questions

• All easy behavioral questions. Asks what you know about the company etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Addison, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard stuff, their looking for a friendly type of vibe.Very professional but easy going.They want to know that you tour a good fit, they also keep other options in mind in case your not a good or right fit for the job you are there foe. Overall a postive exprience.

Interview Questions

• They about what I liked to do and about my resume, they asked me why they should hire me and what could i bring to the table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the monthly bonus structure.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application, for a collection position.The recruiter had sent over a few basic tests. One was a simulator of a system that the work off of L.A.M.P . The test would include: listening to a debtor and recalling specific information of each situation. Finally finishing with a phone interview, I got hired on a started immediately.

Negotiation

NEGOTIATE!!! They will reason

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Simi Valley, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. Took a intelligence test, personality test, and passed them. Then was sent a link to a "call center simulation" - and passed. Did a phone interview and am doing a face to face and a background check. No offer yet- but the process is still ongoing. Will update when outcome is known.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (West Hills, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online creating a profile at their website. Received an email for an on-line simulation test, the simulation will also be one of many factors to help determine my suitability and preview the collection position. Was given 1-hour and 15-minutes to complete the simulation. Is timed and not be able to take a break once I began. I authorized my background check and be fingerprinted later. The interview over the phone was friendly and review about past employment, salary and duties and scheduled a face to face interview with the Call Center Mgr.
    Second interview went for 30 minutes about current posiition and my ability to handle unhappy customer over the phone. Overall the recruitment process is easy , have all your document and information ready. The bank offers you great benefits in return for dedication and excel.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult or upset customer?   1 Answer
    • Anything you dislike about your last employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, due to my experience in the field of customer service. Listen, consider and compare with your experience and prior salary.

Collector Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral questions. For the job, you need to be able to handle stress, talkative, personable and goal oriented. It is entry level and do not need a degree. You need to talk about customer service skills because the job entails you to "help" the customer.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a situation when you have a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question