Bank of America Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was simple from applying and taking the assessment to arriving to the interview on time. The people that I interviewed with were so very easy to speak with, you almost forget you are interviewing for employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work as a team to reach a goal, as a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted through my college's job portal site. I received a confirmation for an on-campus interview which I accepted. I was the last of 10 people to be interviewed for the position. I went into a small room with two analysts and they asked me why I wanted to work at Bank of America, specifically in lending.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time in college where you had to manage your time very effectively?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then a follow-up interview with 3 members of the Credit department of BofA. The phone interview was quite casual and seemed like they were judging interest and character. Only one person in the in-person interview asked more technical credit questions. They were very bad at communicating in between interviews. Did not respond to follow-up after second interview to inform candidates who did not receive an offer, so don't bother waiting around for a response.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions.
      Walk me through your resume?
      What are you involved with at your school?
      How much do you know about what we do?   Answer Question
    • If you could only look at one accounting statement to analyze a company's credit, what would you look at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

A phone screen (1 person), phone interview (2), face to face interview (20-30 people and 2-5 each interview). It goes in segments. Expect to take off as interview lasts 8a-2p

Interview Questions

• Why this position? Why this company? How do you stay current with market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

This interview process was more behavioral and not technical like other banking interviews. It was more personal to see if you would fit with the company and are willing to learn and put in work. It was a fail y good interview especially as my interviewer was a VP in the Las Vegas region . Was overall great process

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on the campus recruiting career service. Interviewed on campus for 2 back-to-back interviews with directors of the credit risk in their global banking and markets. After a month, the firm contacted me again and invite me for a follow up interview with a director of the credit risk department. Received the offer the following day

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 million to lend to a company, what are the things you would consider?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through the college career website and got an interview call. The interviewer was extremely kind and focused on giving a detailed job description. She did not ask technical questions but rather asked me why I was interested in banking and asked subsequent questions pertaining to my responses. I absolutely loved the company!

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The interviewer was just interested in knowing why I was fascinated by banking and what my future goals were.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Fast Process, had two phone screens and then was flown out to New York for Superday. Long Super day. there were two groups of canadites each with about six to eight applicants. Had 4 interviews, three were one on ones and the other was a two on one. Met with people in various groups and different levels. Half were more of just an intro since they were hiring for there latin american group specifically and I was not a fit for that group. the other was purely behaviorial and fit type questions. Very interested in past experience and motivation for wanting to work in credit. The two on one was very technical and asked about industries and companies you found interesting. Never got a response from them.

Interview Questions

• Choose a company or industry and how would an increase in oil prices and how would it effect the company   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

applied through college career center. First interviewed over the phone, went to superday and had two back to back interviews. Each interview had 2 Senior analyst. Wasn't very difficult, they are just trying to get to know you better.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too technical and everything was mostly behavioral. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Did an on campus interview. It was me and one interviewer. It was a simple behavioral type interview. Take them about two weeks to hear back from. The company really is laid back so the interview was not as up type. The interviewer encouraged me to have notes prepared and look at is as a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to weigh your financial decisions that affected a certain part of the targeted market.   Answer Question