Bank of America Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (South Florida, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the FSA role, the interviewer was a young arrogant kid. He must have been 21-24 years old. The office building/bank building was miserable looking inside, the employees offices had no personal connections no pictures just cold empty rooms with desks and computers. Very miserable place to work based on the interactions in that office for the interview. You get a small base salary that is contingent on you meeting unreasonable goals, you don't own your book of business and you will be micromanaged.. not for me or anyone who has experience in finance.

Interview Questions

• I am a million dollar potential client, Pitch me our services and how you would sell me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not that hard. Met the recruiter at the job fair and introduced myself. It is like a small interview when you meet. Then there is a phone screen with the recruiter, and then a in person interview with the manager.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The person that interviewed me in the phone interview spent the entire time convincing me not to take the job. It was weird.

Overall though the interview was pleasant and the person conducting the interview was very nice.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed and given a week to complete an online financial investment assessment test in which i passed. That was followed by a phone interview by their regional recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took two weeks. Got phone interview first and then had an on site interview with the branch manager. The whole process went pretty smooth. Nothing was extremely hard. Questions were: Why should we hire you as a financial advisor? What is your five year plan look like in Bank of America?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It was a Basic behavioral interview, was recruited on-campus through the career website. The interview took about 30 minutes. They seemed like Very nice people and a good company. Be prepared with questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They got my resume through School and called me for the first round phone interview. The interview questions are as below:
    1. Tell me about your experience in the past 5 to 7 years.
    2. What activities you participate at school?
    3. What do you think is the most important thing when choosing your career?
    4. What is your ideal work environment?
    5. Need sponsorship?
    6. Are you willing to be relocated?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very hard but rewarding. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and expectations that I had. They wanted to see how goal oriented I was and what i had to bring to the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The questions were typical open end questions. The one difference is that you were asked to review a portfolio and make a recommendation based on the clients assets and risk tolerance. The fact is that I worked for a full service firm and I had to align my answers to fit the products and services BofA offered. Make sure you study the firms offerings before you interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you affect the bottom line?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, I currently work with the bank in another department so I just reached out directly to the recruiter to set everything up. After an initial overview of what the position entailed I took a basic math and economics test which was surprisingly simple. From there the executive assistant informed me that I had passed the test and that she will be emailing me a link to a "personality" test. The second test essentially wants to know if you have any sales skills and how many people you know that have wealth. So, with all of that done I am playing the waiting game to see if I will move forward in the process.