Bank of America Financial Solutions Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Financial Solutions Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of America

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

First round consisted of two tests: one quantitative to measure likely performance on series 7, the second to test sales personality. Second round met with two hiring directors, who requested a presentation of a personal business plan. Third round, met with rest of team. Last interview met with office manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Was called by the main recruiting office for the company to verify who I was and that the job was right for me. Was a week later setup for an interview with who is now my manager. Interview was pretty normal although he did ask a lot more process oriented questions than I was expecting. A week after the interview I got a call offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

After I applied online I received a call from a recruiter 7 days later. I missed the call from the recruiter, so I called back and left a message. This was at 1:00pm on a Wednesday. She called me back the next day at 9:00am. After she went over the job she explained the compensation package and hours required. FSA 1 is offered 35k base salary. You move to FSA 2 once you complete the Series 7 and Series 66 exams and meet certain sales goals (3-9 months she said, if you are a top performer) this level is given 40k per year in base salary and given monthly and quarterly bonuses based on performance. FSA 3 is another promotion up and you get 46k base salary and larger bonuses. The recruiter stated that this level could make 100k per year. Each level gets access to a more affluent client base. The call center is open from 7:30am -10:00pm and you have to be available during these hours to be considered for employment.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working any available shift between 7:30am and 10:00pm.   Answer Question

I was not available from 7:30am - 10:00pm.

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter who saw my resume online. Arranged for a brief phone interview and then went to location for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you were able to diffuse a tense situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter after they saw my resume at my colleges career center website. They had me take a prove it exam which has some math and economic questions, also had to do a simulation online to see how good you can multitask. If you pass these two test you get an interview. They ask for fingerprints and FBI background check and credit check.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty easy just wanted to make sure your a people person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me from seeing my resume on a career website. First step was setting up a phone interview. Next step is to take an on-line test. This is mostly centered around your ability to multi-task. They give you 45 minutes to complete, but should only take the average person less than 30. Then set up in person interview. Met with three managers.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Went over position, reviewed my resume, then went over compensation   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, spent a few minutes on my background, then set up and in person interview with the hiring manager. We met for 20 minutes. I thought he wasn't interested but received an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic and expected. "Tell me a situation that could have gone bad but you were able to diffuse and turn positive."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but it wasn't happening. Bank of America Corporation doesn't like to negotiate, especially for the lower level positions.

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview

Had to pass a multi-tasking online assessment, along with taking the FIAT test which is a basic finance/economics test. Next step was phone interview where they do not ask a lot of behavioral questions, but they definitely ask quite a few questions about previous jobs and goals you may have met in those positions.

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Interview

One step process very easy

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

After applying for position, was contacted by a recruiter who promised six figure job in 1 yr or less. The salary range indicated by recruiter was completely inaccurate. Had to take personality assessment and bizarre computer program that attempts to simulate working in a call center environment. Face-to-face panel interview on campus with four team lead/floor managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a connection and gain a client's trust over the phone in 10 seconds or less.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.