Bank of America Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.6

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview screening and background check. Don't try to like about employment history because they will know. A behavior test.
    Face to face interview with market sales manager
    Face to face interview with sales executive/decision maker

Interview Questions

• Review a scenario of a client coming into the bank with financial needs such as saving for retirement, education, etc.

Then you play the role of the banker recommending financial solutions to the client (sales manager).

Why do you want to working in banking?
      What are your goals?
      Strength and weakness.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

This process was rather exciting and really kept me on my feet. I was an employee referral, however I really tried to exceed expectations on my own, not reflecting on the fact I was referred.

I initially applied online, then immediately after I was emailed and asked to do an online questionnaire to identify my skills/assets.

Subsequently, after a few days I received a call from a recruiter who asked if she could schedule a phone interview with me for 2 days later. I accepted, when she called that Monday she began to ask me about my previous work experiences, goals, likes/dislikes about other jobs, what methods do I use for my selling process, etc.
    The recruiter was pleased with my responses and then invited me to do an interview, in person, with two market leaders and I gladly accepted.

The in person interview was scheduled for that same week on a Friday. It was a good experience, I managed to seamlessly connect with both Market Leaders and was confident in my approach. One of the Market Leaders and I had relation to a previous company we worked with. [Attached to this I will have some question/answers about my in-person interview]. After all questions were answered, they mentioned it was a pleasure speaking with me and that they will be looking to make a decision in the next 2 weeks.

Well, 2 weeks somehow turned into 2 days and I was extended an offer by the recruiting manager who emailed me an Official Offer Letter & links to begin the on-boarding process. OMG, this is part is where I was on my toes believing the background check would return satisfactory. I wasn't nervous because of anything with my past, I am clear and free of all incriminations and there are no discrepancies with my background or work history—but because this was the final stage of the process. Nevertheless, my background check was satisfactory and I will begin in a couple of weeks.

Just a heads-up to anyone who is interested in this position, it takes time. Bank of America is very diligent in their hiring process and things don't move as fast as you'd like, but it is all so well worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us your steps to a sale.   1 Answer
    • Did you have any selling objectives to meet? If so, what were they, how often were you requires to meet them, dhow often did you yourself meet them?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel like you can prospect new clientele at a bank?   1 Answer
    • Role play: I'm a client who is very busy and need to get in and out. I was told to stand in line and wait for a client representative, but the only thing I need to do is deposit a check. I waited well over the time I expected to wait, and now I'm frustrated. What can you do to relieve my frustration and also maybe get me to sit down and talk with you about some products/services BofA has to offer, without me getting even more upset.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview happen very quickly. I came in with a big smile with good energy. I had a firm handshake and I was actually compliment because of it. The person that interviewed me told me he enjoyed my attitude as well as the friendly smile that I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

A manager at the firm submitted my resume. I was emailed to apply for a position by an HR rep. I called the rep to verify something on the email she sent and during the course of the conversation she said that my resume had already circulated the company and there were several managers interested. I applied for the position and took the test. I was then called for a phone interview by the same HR rep. I was told after the phone interview that I was moving on to the next interview and to expect a call no later than Monday (this was on a Thursday). We talked about what locations would be best for me based on location. I was told several managers were interested and lined up to interview. I never got a call so I emailed the HR rep. She said I was her number one priority but she wasn't able to get in touch with the hiring manger (notice it was one now). I waited another week and emailed again, and got the same response, that managers were interested but she hadn't been able to schedule with them. Each time she said she would get back with me and never once did. Very unprofessional for someone to promise another interview and go so far as to say I have many interested managers and then just go silent without any updates. It’s now been almost a month and nothing.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was very simple, filled the app online on the website, passed assessment and received the call for interview the next day. Then I did a brief phone interview and was scheduled for interview the next day.
    Interview was very straight forward, simple questions, just make sure you dress right and be honest with the interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through a conference and received an onsite interview the next day. The interview was 30 minutes and they asked basic questions about my resume and my coding experience. They were particularly interested in any outside of class projects.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Monday receive a call from a recruiter on Wednesday interviewed Friday. And was offered the position about 2 weeks later. When u apply online you have to take a tryout about dealing with customer and listening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have experience working with large sums of cash?   Answer Question

Estate Settlement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 interviews: Recruiter interview promoted to next round, Phone Interview with potential boss promoted to next round, Person to person interview with potential boss and 2 others and given a tour around the office. Felt pretty good but was disappointed when they told me I was a strong candidate but went with someone with slightly more experience. It happens I guess! God has a plan and found a better fit at a another company soon after.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I believe I got 2 phone interviews before I had my in person interview. The process was pretty smooth and relatively easy. The in person interview was great, the person who interviewed me was more interested as to why I would be a good fit for the position and Bank of America. Not many questions about previous work experience in the in person interview but might have been some on the phone interview. The questions are mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I did not attempt to negotiate since I did not have banking experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The successful candidate will need an excellent understanding of both the executions business and technology in order for them to quickly understand and implement business requirements. Strong communication skills are essential as the candidate will need to interface with business partners, the wider team and clients to understand and gather requirements, develop customized algorithms and provide continuous improvement to the performance of the execution platform.