Bank of America Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bank of America Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Conducted both phone screens and in person interviews during the process. Good overall experience and able to get questions answered throughout the process. Would recommend others to apply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting, and had a 30 minute interview on campus 2 weeks later. It was a very laid back environment and the interviewer only covered behavioral questions. The next step of the process takes 2-3 weeks, and can lead to either an offer or another round of interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college in the fall 2016 for an intern position on Charlotte. Contacted a few days later to sign up for an interview held on campus. Asked basic questions about me and personality and said they would be in touch about future interviews on site.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university's career site, was selected for an interview that was held on campus. The questions were all behavioral and seemed to focus a lot on group and leadership experience. This was a first-round interview and I was invited to their superday. The questions are not very hard if you anticipate them ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you acted as a mentor to a fellow co-worker.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a reply for a quick half hour interview over phone. Very basic phone interview going over resume, behavioral Qs, and tech experience. Soon after received all expenses paid invitation to final round interview. 3 final interviews, half hour each, very behavioral and conversational in nature with high level tech questions. Received offer day after interview. All recruiters and interviewers were incredibly nice and helpful. Could not have asked for a better interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with [language, framework, etc.]   Answer Question
    • What if you are on a team with an uncooperative member?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great deal, didnt negotiate. Dont think they negotiate anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hopewell, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Weird people didn't hire good candidates - they wanted people who are new to programming.
    Personally felt bad to have been good at programming.Felt highly disappointed and don't look forward to applying here ever.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions, databases, OOPS,past projects,
      some HR questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Hopewell, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

This position was for a technical internship with a technology and software developer role. One phone interview with a couple technical questions, but mostly behavioral questions. Was invited for three on-site interviews which were mostly behavioral questions as well; was asked only two technical questions out of all three interviewers, and they were answered verbally without any coding. Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the three biggest ideas in object oriented programming?   2 Answers
    • What are the stages of the software development life cycle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screen, mix of programming vocabulary and behavioral questions.
    Invited to NYC for final round. Over a 50 people were invited as well, lots of competition.

Three interviews
    First: All technical questions basic D.S. and Algo
    Post, Pre, In order traversal
    BFS, DFS,
    External k-way merge sort

Second:
    Asked about project, then binary trees

Third:
    Less technical asked about favorite languages, etc..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Two separate 30 minute interviews with two separate interviewers. Before speaking to them, I was approached by a third employee and spoke to her for about 15-20 minutes. Seemed like a planned "ice-breaker." Overall setting was very welcoming, not too much to be stressed about. Just know your talking points.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.

Who is one current leader you look up to and why?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

On campus first round interview. I had applied for multiple positions and got an interview for structured finance origination. I was not aware that the interview would be with the two most senior people in the group and that they would be making job offers that day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer