Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,076 Interview Reviews

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews - one was on my campus and the other was a final round interview at a hotel. The first interview determines what teams you will be interviewing for in the final round, and you will be interviewed by two different people in different teams that match your experience.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Sss Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Long, waste of time. A lot of questions but mostly for character purposes. Take your time, talk about your experiences and skills + success stories. There are times you may feel like you were asked the same question. They just want to make sure you’re being honest and not changing your answers.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on the company's website in August/September. I got a digital interview at the end of October. I had my Superday a week later. The interview process may take long but it doesn't mean they are rejecting you if they dont respond for a while.

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Like most on here, applied online and then took two assessments, one personality and one FIAT. Afterwards got scheduled for a phone interview. Recruiter I interviewed with was a wonderful person, and was more concerned with if the job was a good fit than just filling the positions as quickly as possible. Ultimately decided it wasn't, but her professionalism spoke a lot about BOA.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the lead software developer of the team I was interviewing for. It was more casual, we discussed my resume and college projects. Then I went down to their office to speak to the PM and meet the team. I was asked a few conceptual technical question. We spoke at length about what the team does in the bank.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a binary tree works, the benefits and why you would use one.   Answer Question

OMAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview and led to an in person interview in Charlotte. It was a very relaxed environment and everyone involved was very professional. If you are interested in operations, this is a solid role.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you developed in school that would be useful in this role?   Answer Question

Diversity Program Interview

Interview

on Hirevue. It asked two questions in total. I forgot the questions, but they were quite routine. There are 30 seconds to prepare each one, and 3min max to answer. You also are suggested to dress formally, even though it is on video.

Interview Questions

Interview

Seemed like an HR interview with 2 rounds . No Technical questions , Every round I was expecting at least one tech question that never happened . There were 2 rounds in total

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

it was a 20 min phone screening interview and then later I was invited to an on site interview with office manager and other financial advisers I will be working with in the future.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was laughably bad. I would generally implore you to stay away as a software engineer.

BoA is trying to recruit top tech talent from the West Coast, but they have people from London calling you and because of the time difference you have to have the call at 8AM.

Ah yes, screw coffee, getting a rapid fire of Java Trivia from an irked British man is how I wake up!

Somehow I can be working at one of the biggest top tech companies in the world, get onsites at Google/Facebook/Microsoft easy, yet I get filtered out right away by some trivia questions.

Clarification: I am not mad that I didn't know the questions. I promise I am putting most of my ego aside for this. A lot of these Midwest style interview questions are the same things asked over and over, so this won't take more than a couple of weeks of prep for me to memorize.

And that's why I'm mad: that talent is being filtered by these trivia questions that you don't use in production and that just take 2 weeks of rote learning to master and that's what makes a "good engineer", that coding style questions at least give you a vehicle to communicate and use the fundamentals you've learned/memorized and none of that is being used here, and that BoA has the audacity to be using these questions in 2018, provide no other means for a phone screen then a grainy 8AM phone call from across the pond, and wants to attract tech talent and market themselves as a top shop for that.

Pathetic.