Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,501 Interview Reviews

2.7

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview screening and background check. Don't try to like about employment history because they will know. A behavior test.
    Face to face interview with market sales manager
    Face to face interview with sales executive/decision maker

Interview Questions

• Review a scenario of a client coming into the bank with financial needs such as saving for retirement, education, etc.

Then you play the role of the banker recommending financial solutions to the client (sales manager).

Why do you want to working in banking?
      What are your goals?
      Strength and weakness.   2 Answers

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process highly depends on the team/function you apply for, although the titles are quite similar. I had 2 phone screening and 1 onsite interview. And I had lunch with the team lead. The onsite had 2 technical interviews, each for 1 hour. Then I talked with two managers, each for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between union and union all? Which is faster, sas proc sql or sas data step? How to address multicollinearity? How to check fitting of logistic regression and linear regression?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

About one month after applying online, an in-house recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone screen.

The phone screen was straightforward with technical questions and interest in the position. The recruiter - both via email and on the phone - seemed very rushed every time I spoke or interacted with him. He was never rude, but it made me feel like I couldn't ask many questions.

At the end of the call, he scheduled my interview with the hiring manager for the next week, and asked me to submit writing samples. He indicated they had an aggressive hiring timeline.

Because the hiring manager was located in another city, our interview was by phone. It was a pleasant conversation where she spoke a lot about the position (a newly created role), the team and her leadership style. It was a relaxed interview that was much more conversational than a Q&A.

Although the hiring manager gave very detailed next steps (down to who the next interview was with, exactly when they wanted to make an offer by, etc.), I did not hear back within the identified time frame. When I reached out to her and the recruiter to follow up (after I had already sent a thank you), I never received an answer - not even an acknowledgment of my email. I never received an automated email either indicating I was no longer in consideration.

So while the front-half of the process was great, the second-half was rather lacking.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview went well, but Spanish bilingual was required and I immediately become disqualified. There's an assessment you have to take and pass before you can be selected for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about sales experience, customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Small Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with two of the managers in a room. Usual interview questions were asked. I thought it went really well but I never received a call back from them unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you overcame a hard task and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

1st interview with Recruitment team by phone, completed personality test, then face to face with Manager, fingerprint and background only took a short time to complete. Nothing much more than a regular process, no drug test was required.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I didn't have an interview, but I did talk to a recruiter who was extremely rude. I withdrew my application because this doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview for Java Developer position. My resume was submitted by a friend of mine at the firm. One phone and one onsite interview.

The recruiter took ages to close the deal. Definitely not worth working for them.

Managerial Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I found the entire experience with BofA to be extremely unprofessional and very inconsiderate of my time. They called very last minute to bring me in for two different job interviews. In both cases they called in the afternoon one day and wanted me to come in the very next morning and tried to make it seem urgent. Then they even called the day of one of the interviews (as I was already on my way into the city for the interview!) to see if I could make it in an hour earlier?? I guess they expected me to magically appear at their office within the hour.
    After the interviews they never got back to me. I thought the interviews went well but I understand that they may have had another candidate they preferred. However, they were only interviewing a few people for the position so I don't think it's too much to expect them to get back to you either way. They even have a web site where they can just post your status update and they couldn't even be bothered to do that. And good luck getting the recruiting person to respond to anything. The recruiting person was completely unresponsive.

Now for the actual interview.... they had some employees interviewing candidates that had no business whatsoever doing the interviewing....they asked ridiculously insignificant questions, which just showed that their focus was completely on the wrong things. They couldn't seem to see the bigger picture of the roles and were focused on very insignificant and minute details that just didn't matter. For one of the interviews the hiring manager didn't even show up (they had 2 lower level employees interview me) . They said the hiring mgr was out that day, which makes me question why they'd schedule an interview on a day he wasn't even at work. I walked out of the interviews and thought they were a waste of my time. Good candidates would be turned off by these interviewers.
    I also got the sense that they didn't really have open positions. I felt like they already had internal candidates selected for these roles and wasted my time because they had to pretend to consider other candidates.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Arcadia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

At first a recruiter called to discuss about the position and salary with me. He asked when will be my availability to come in for a face-to-face interview with the branch manager. I took the opportunity and was scheduled to do it the next day. I came in 15 mins ealier to give a great impression. The interview was easy as long as you prepared for it. Also, it was very chill and I got to laugh with both of the interviewers. They asked about my schedule and If I am also willing to work on the weekends. I am now just waiting for them to give me a call to see if I got the job.

PS: Always answer all the questions with positivity. no matter how much you hated your previous jobs, just always stay positive with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join banking?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the time you handled a difficult customer, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • How is your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Leadership   1 Answer
    • When you tried offering a customer a card and she said no, how'd you handle it?   1 Answer