Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,157 Interview Reviews

2.7

Comp Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

All behavioral. Interviewed on the phone with Charlotte team, met with 3 different individuals in New York. It's hard when half the people work from home and want to interview you outside the office, because you don't get to see their working environment. Comp is a part of HR, but it's technical, it's all salary data control. I think they hired someone internal. Very hard to read personalities, even if you think you've connected with them, they don't care.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I went in on a referal, emailed the head of team, and was slated for a set of phone interviews with the team. I was referred by a senior executive and never went in for a 1:1 in person. Was contacted a few weeks in by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background . . .   1 Answer

Negotiation

I stated my hourly rate and they accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview for 1 hour.. from Core java, Pagination, Session filter, Session fixation,XSL language queries

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. If you bomb it, good luck. Really only advice is to be confident and show you care, like with any interview. Now I just want to see salaries no Im filling this to meet capacity

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager took technical interview over telephone and then in person . Most of the topics are
    .net , c#, MVC ,WCF , JS ,JQ and Oracle are the major questions

Interview Questions

• OOPS scenario based questions   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Received an inside referral for an unsolicited position so went for a group interview, met with leader of department and peers that I would be working with, already knew and worked with lead interviewer, really was interviewed with others to see if they liked me and could work with me

Interview Questions

• what have I done in the past   1 Answer

salary and job location were not as competitive as what I was making

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Talked to two managers and one peer, got offer next day...not much structure, same questions asked by each person. Purely designed to assess personality traits. Very cursory discussion...if I didn't need the job I would have passed. There is obviously no structure or consistency in their hiring process. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

zero negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with and through a staffing agency for Bank of America, and hired in a revolving-door team of attorneys for an on-going project. I soon understood why the Bank had difficulty in retaining people to work on the project. The actual documents and the bank system were easily mastered, but the inflexible management would not allow promotion or opportunity to do extra work in order to advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you accept a low salary in exchange for the experience of working at Bank of America?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved as the Bank would not raise the salary, adjust the daily hours to allow more than 8 hours per day or allow weekend work. This was a take-it-ot-leave-it offer.

Pathway Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Allentown, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

First I filled out an online application. One week later there was a phone interview after which I took an online test. Two weeks later, there was an other online interview. Two weeks later I had four face to face interviews. Three weeks went by then I recieved an email. I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• It took a lot of my time. I had to prepair a business plan for them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

Interview

Quizzed about various performance tuning methods. Thread dump analysis and tools to analyze thread dump. Too technical interview regarding different garbage collection. Common problems in Software coding and integration issues, memory utilization of Java Objects.

Interview Questions

• Garbage Collections
      Performance Tuning