Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,508 Interview Reviews

2.7

4,508 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview screening and background check. Don't try to like about employment history because they will know. A behavior test.
    Face to face interview with market sales manager
    Face to face interview with sales executive/decision maker

Interview Questions

• Review a scenario of a client coming into the bank with financial needs such as saving for retirement, education, etc.

Then you play the role of the banker recommending financial solutions to the client (sales manager).

Why do you want to working in banking?
      What are your goals?
      Strength and weakness.   2 Answers

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from a recruiter and had a basic interview about my work history. I was scheduled an interview with a sales manager in st Louis later that week. So I went to meet the gentleman who was to interview me and I was sat in a dark room where the only light was from his laptop and a little from the drawn shades in the room. He felt snakey to me not very personable. I was asked the basic questions you get from most employers. Situational questions and how would you react if questions. He knew I would be leaving another bank for bank of America if hired which was fine but he started asking really uncomfortable questions about how my co workers would react if they knew I was leaving and how does it feel to know your putting in your two weeks if your hired here and leaving a company you've been with for a few years. It was like he was probing me for character weaknesses and I have honestly never had any one do that at an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your co workers or manager respond to your leaving their company for bank of america   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

apply online first then over the phone interview with a recruiter and finally a face to face meeting with the financial center manager and sometimes with the Market Manager as well.

Interview Questions

• why do you see yourself working for BoA?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Brea, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I met with two young ladies that were very pleasant and easy to speak too. They asked to give them examples of my past work experience. After the interview, I was told someone would contact me in a couple days. It actually took about a week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer ? And how did it affect the rest of your day ?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview went well, but Spanish bilingual was required and I immediately become disqualified. There's an assessment you have to take and pass before you can be selected for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about sales experience, customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Quantitative Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process highly depends on the team/function you apply for, although the titles are quite similar. I had 2 phone screening and 1 onsite interview. And I had lunch with the team lead. The onsite had 2 technical interviews, each for 1 hour. Then I talked with two managers, each for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between union and union all? Which is faster, sas proc sql or sas data step? How to address multicollinearity? How to check fitting of logistic regression and linear regression?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

About one month after applying online, an in-house recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone screen.

The phone screen was straightforward with technical questions and interest in the position. The recruiter - both via email and on the phone - seemed very rushed every time I spoke or interacted with him. He was never rude, but it made me feel like I couldn't ask many questions.

At the end of the call, he scheduled my interview with the hiring manager for the next week, and asked me to submit writing samples. He indicated they had an aggressive hiring timeline.

Because the hiring manager was located in another city, our interview was by phone. It was a pleasant conversation where she spoke a lot about the position (a newly created role), the team and her leadership style. It was a relaxed interview that was much more conversational than a Q&A.

Although the hiring manager gave very detailed next steps (down to who the next interview was with, exactly when they wanted to make an offer by, etc.), I did not hear back within the identified time frame. When I reached out to her and the recruiter to follow up (after I had already sent a thank you), I never received an answer - not even an acknowledgment of my email. I never received an automated email either indicating I was no longer in consideration.

So while the front-half of the process was great, the second-half was rather lacking.

Small Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with two of the managers in a room. Usual interview questions were asked. I thought it went really well but I never received a call back from them unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you overcame a hard task and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

1st interview with Recruitment team by phone, completed personality test, then face to face with Manager, fingerprint and background only took a short time to complete. Nothing much more than a regular process, no drug test was required.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I didn't have an interview, but I did talk to a recruiter who was extremely rude. I withdrew my application because this doesn't seem like a good place to work.