Bank of America Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, 1 Superday in NY with 3-30minute interviews with VPs and Directors. Varied by interviewer on technical vs behavioral. Overall wanted to see basic understanding of the markets and interest in sales and trading.

Interview Questions

• What's going on in the European bond market? Why would someone invest in a negative interest rate bond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Bryn Mawr, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting website, received an invitation for a first round interview several days later. Interviewed with two analysts, and then two VPs. First round was mostly fit questions, asking why I considered myself a good candidate for the position. Second round was a little more technical. Nonetheless, nice employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my campus career center. 1 HR screening, 1 phone interview, invited to super day a week later. Super day was 6 20min interviews. They made cuts at lunch and brought back candidates for one final interview with the head of the desk

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly very fit based questions. For technicals they asked me about to discuss market trends and how that affected bonds   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

3 phone interviews, superday (final round) held in NYC which was 4 hours long: 3 different rooms of 2 senior MDs each (1 hour each). The phone interviews were looking for talented but personable people to work on the trading floor. They do not want geeks, more intellect and charisma than textbook knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why did we choose you to come to our final round interview?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

First round was a phone interview by one of the MDs in S&T. Was invited in for super day (this is for first year FT recruiting) the following week. When I arrived at super day, discovered they were only looking to make 2 hires (most of the FT incoming class comes from their summer analyst class), but final rounded 50 people.