Bank of America Assistant Vice President/Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Vice President/Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview

This is going to be a bit long, however, the process for management-level employees with Bank of America is very, very involved, so I'm going to detail the entire process here, for anyone interviewing for management-level jobs with the company.

Applied early last month, and received an email back the following morning that I had moved onto the next step and that they wanted me to take an online assessment based around my personality, reasoning, logic, management, and leadership skills.

The following day I received another email stating that I successfully passed the first assessment, and included in that email was a link for the second assessment, the official Leadership/Management assessment, which involved interactive videos that you then selected answers to as if you were the manager sitting in front of the Banking Center associate.

Received a call the following day from Bank of America Staffing for a pre-screen phone interview. It was very brief, simply verifying a few pieces of info, and asking what time would work best for the official phone interview with the local Executive Recruiter, who only handles management-level employees. Set up an interview for a few days later in the week.

Phone interview was based around my leadership experience, banking experience, and operations experience, and covered my current salary and salary expectations, etc. It was formal and informal at the same time - the Executive Recruiter was very pleasant to speak with, and she noted that she was very impressed with me, and wanted to schedule an interview with the Banking Center Manager as soon as possible.

One of the things we did before moving to the next step was review my resume to make sure all information was 100% accurate and correct. Bank of America's Corporate Security calls and verifies work experience no one's resume, employment dates, etc, to make sure you're being honest about your experience. I'm completely honest with my resume, so that wasn't an issue, and we finalized that pretty quickly.

She emailed me back about 10 minutes after the phone interview and asked if the date she had available would work. I confirmed with her that it would work. She also let me know that in addition, to expect a call from Bank of America's Corporate Security to complete the initial employment background check. The Security Analyst called two days later to let me know that all of my information checked out and they he had already finalized and approved my file for the next step.

The in person interview was 1 on 1, held at the Banking Center I'd be working at, in the Banking Center Manager's office. Interview was brief (about 1 hour), and we discussed my personal past, why Bank of America, my leadership experience, how I'd handle associates in certain situations, etc. Again, very pleasant and straight forward. At the end, the Banking Center Manager let me know when I'd hear about the next step, and when they were looking to have an offer out to the 28 candidates that they had interviewed/were interviewing.

Received a call later the same day from the Executive Recruiter letting me know the Banking Center Manager was very impressed, and that they then wanted me to complete a final interview, with the Market Manager, before the final decision would be made for the candidate. It was scheduled the following business day.

The final interview, generally an in person interview, was held over the phone because both the Executive Recruiter and the Banking Center Manager felt I had interviewed very strongly with them, and they were very impressed, so the Market Manager opted to do a phone interview to save both of us time. I appreciated this, to save time, and that they told me they were opting for a phone interview because of the strength I had shown.

The final phone interview was, like the others, brief (45 minutes or so) and enjoyable. The Market Manager asked about my personal experience, what I had done in banking, how I became so successful in the field at a young age, etc. He then asked more about how I'd handle employee issues from a manager's prospective. He then spent about 15 minutes with me just letting me know he was very impressed, and touched on what caught his mind with what I said in the interview. He finalized by letting me know I'd have an answer within 2-3 days.

The wait was less than that - I received a call back two hours later from the Executive Recruiter letting me know that they selected me for the position, and she then went over the offer, benefits, etc, with me, in a 20 minute call. I received emails for the background check authorization and to schedule my fingerprinting. And that was that.

All in all, it was a very long, detailed, involved process, however, I appreciated it. It's clear that Bank of America takes their management hiring very, very seriously, and I know that they clearly screen for the best candidate possible.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an experience where two or more of your direct employees were having a disagreement over something in the office place? How did you address it, and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Say you have a Personal Banker that is not asking open ended questions to better uncover customer needs and increase sales? How would you address it with the Personal Banker?   Answer Question