Bank of America Collector - I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Collectors I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Collector 1 position(Kennesaw, Ga) After apply I completed to assessment. I was then contacted by the recruiter to do a telephone interview. The phone interview was basically her telling me about the company, position, expected salary, and the nly question she asked me was about my customer service experience. I then went in for the face to face interview which consisted of a presentation, interview with 2 different manager, and a role playing exercise. The next day the recruiter called me and stated I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your customer service experience?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irrate customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you made a error/mistake at work? What did you do to try to fix it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pasadena, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. 3 days later a recruiter called me to tell me she emailed me an assessment that needed to be completed within 48 hours. Finished it the next day, the next morning the same lady called me to set up a quick phone interview for the next morning... The phone interview was quick, we spoke a little about my background and when the position would start. My face to face interview is in 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience on call centers and/or collections do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a bit extensive. There were about 3 assessments and then an interview where you went in and provided information on the company and the position. After the presentation, your were interviewed by one manager and then you conducted a second interview and a role play by another manager. They give you 24 hours to hear back ( maybe 48- i forgot) from the HR rep that you've already been in contact with about the job. If and when you get the job, you are given a formal offer letter and asked to schedule a time to come back and be fingerprinted. Within the time of the accepted job offer and the training start date, they will conduct an extensive background check on you. As long as everything checks out, you will start the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? How will you achieve them? Tell me about x job you had and why you left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview basically vetting you as someone that can string sentences together.
    Group interview is mostly behavioral, they do a presentation about what your role would be and ask what you think then split you off to do one on one interviews where they ask you about yourself and your work history.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      Why do you want to leave your current job?
      How do you feel working in a team environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online 8/7/15 got an email to take an assessment (personality assessment). On 8/10/15 was asked to take another assessment (collecting assessment). Got an email on 8/13/15 to conduct a phone interview. Had the phone interview the same day.

I spoke with a recruiter and she described the position. Went over the description, pay and benefits. I was asked about my experience and then I had questions. She asked if I wanted to move forward so I said yes and now have a face to face interview on Monday 8/17/15.

I will post another review once the interview is over.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Tell me about your experience.   2 Answers

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

Interview

I mostly just made small talk with the interviewer. It was like it didn't matter if I was qualified or not. They were just going to give the job to anyone who applied.

Negotiation

Just ask for the pay you want and see what happens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Filled out online application, I got email to take the call simulation the following day and I passed. Then I got an email for a phone interview schedule in the next 3 days. Still waiting for the feedback..

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was held by 2 managers. One asked questions while the other wrote. It was pretty short and sweet. I just answered their questions and it lasted about 10 minutes.

Negotiation

The negotiation was done by the HR department over the phone. They made the offer and I accepted.

Collector - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tempe, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

The process was very professional. I was first contacted by email and given an online collector simulation. I passed and i was then interviewed by phone for 30 minute. I was called several days later and asked to go into a 1:1 interview. I scheduled then time and went in. I was allowed to see the work environment and sit down with one of the lead collectors. The interview was 45 minutes long and very enjoyable and very smooth. Best interviewer I've ever had. I was accepted as an associate and now I start in just a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you give a situation were a policy was to be enforced in your work environment that you didn't agree with but you enforced anyway?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt really negotiate the salary as it offered a significant amount more then what i was currently getting paid.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lancaster, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was called back a month after I applied. I first had a phone interview where basic questions about my work experiance were asked and then I was scheduled to do a face to face interview. There, along with the same questions as before I was asked questions about how I've handled situations with difficult customers and where I have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? That one gets me every time!.   Answer Question